FHannes

SCAR Divi Manual

As you all know I've been working on a new manual for SCAR for quite a while now, it's available at http://wiki.scar-divi.com/. However, it's not complete yet, this is because I don't have a lot of time to work on it... I try to add to it whenever I've got some time to spare of course. Hoever, the point of this topic is that I'll allow you guys to request pages. For example, if you need documentation for specific functions that I haven't been able to document yet, and the documentation in the old manual isn't sufficient, you can request the documentation in here, and I will make writing those pages a priority.

As you all know I've been working on a new manual for SCAR for quite a while now, it's available at http://wiki.scar-divi.com/. However, it's not complete yet, this is because I don't have a lot of time to work on it... I try to add to it whenever I've got some time to spare of course. Hoever, the point of this topic is that I'll allow you guys to request pages. For example, if you need documentation for specific functions that I haven't been able to document yet, and the documentation in the old manual isn't sufficient, you can request the documentation in here, and I will make writing those pages a priority.

This is a wonderful idea! You'll be hearing from me soon ;).

-Request-

Could there be some documentation on how to write newlines to a file? Thanks!

Also is the only way to append a file to first read the file? Like in python to append to a file on could do "open('log', 'a').write('\r\nEntering main loop...')".

Edited by ti.teg.tnod.I

There's no specific functions to do that, however, if you look at the file api which is pretty much completely documented, you'll find the [wiki=WriteFileString]WriteFileString[/wiki] function. If you use that and append a linebreak to the strings you write, you can write lines to a file. Linebreaks can be formulated as #13#10 for windows and #10 for unix. As far as I'm aware there's no way to append to files without first reading the file and rewriting everything to the new file first. However, that's an interresting thought, that should be in there. I will add an alternative for [wiki=RewriteFile]RewriteFile[/wiki] that allows you to append to the end of an existing file.

Note that you can see what changes I've recently made to the manual [wiki=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500&days=30]here[/wiki].

EDIT:

I've implemented [wiki=AppendFile]AppendFile[/wiki]. It's in the latest rev of 3.28 Beta.

Edited by Freddy

I've made some progress on documenting the new window API in SCAR Divi 3.35, but even when that is done, there's still tons of stuff to update and add. Due to the huge number of changes, this is taking longer than usual. So I'd like to remind everything, if there's a specific function you really want to see documented first, post it in here and I'll make it a priority.

Maybe get better/more user friendly Wiki software? I mean, right now I don't think you can request a page and send it in for review to Freddy or w/e.

Its Freddy's wiki so its up to him, and its really good, but you're right stuff is missing and over time only slowly it has been becoming complete.

I'm sure Freddy wouldn't mind if you sent him well articulated potential wiki pages for missing things. He might just add it, and add to it to complete it. Or he may start from scratch to do it in his own way he finds best...

Edited by LordJashin

Nice, http://wiki.scar-divi.com/index.php?title=TSCARBitmap

If you use SetClient and set it to a TSCAR bitmap client does that change the input client at all?

Would all functions go toward this TSCAR bitmapclient?

All fun ctions will then target the TSCARBitmapClient, but obviously it does not have any output capabilities. It's merely for analyzing purposes.

Not really. Too lazy...but I did make the main page look better, and more organized a while ago. I just wish it was more like SCAR's wiki. For SCAR's it just has all the functions in alphabetical order on one page, and looks really good. With OSI we have like a bizillion pages, each with only 5-20 functions max maybe.

Just complaining here, but yeah, if it was like SCAR's I'd totally contrib more often xD

EDIT: If we changed it to be like SCAR's then on each function's page we could put what file it is in. Instead of listing all the files as pages?

Thoughts on this?

Also rather make some more tutorials on SCAR first. Because we still have these 20 post threads every once and a while that pop up. And it all could've been avoided if we had a tutorial thread that covered everything.

I'm going to work on my beginner tut more soon. Move the scripting crap around too.

Is this intended? Or maybe cross browser/file phail here? Why is only the shell of the page showing up?

If this is how its going to be from now on. I'm gonna cry x.x...x.

sniffle... i guess its true at this point - https://browsershots.org/http://wiki.scar-divi.com/index.php?title=AMinE

shell.png

</wiki>

Edited by LordJashin