rsutton

As we know

As most of you gathered I left the community for personal reasons outside of the game or programming.

I would like to announce that though I have been away lets just say an open eye when your gone and come back has been approached.

I Would like to announce a new project which should hopefully take by storm as a basic "All-in-One" Include which should make it for General use criss cross game series, which means universal means, as well bringing back the core function of UBeX.

Though UnitedBots has been closed for quite some time I want to assure everyone that I am not dead :)

Cody has done a fantastic job on trying to keep UBeX up to date during my absence. Thank you buddy.

As we all know of this combat system which is taking effect here within the next few months we will be seeing a MASSIVE change to the game. I want to assure everyone that this is not a problem and hope to see UBeX 2.0 Reach its full potentail as I have been "Opened" I will be rewriting ALL code within UBeX which does not rely on anyone or anything else to use it. Of course scar itself though.

Release date will be known in the future time.

Why do I not have the warm and fuzzy feeling about this? I mean originally the SRL project started to end the include wars by bringing everything together under one roof, so to speak. Now we seem to be heading in the opposite direction. Everyone is running off doing their own thing and includes are popping up and disappearing faster than you can keep track.

Glad to see you back though. Need more active developers/scripters if RS is going to thrive on these forums. Some days the sound of crickets after you release a script is overwhelming.

Why do I not have the warm and fuzzy feeling about this? I mean originally the SRL project started to end the include wars by bringing everything together under one roof, so to speak. Now we seem to be heading in the opposite direction. Everyone is running off doing their own thing and includes are popping up and disappearing faster than you can keep track.

Glad to see you back though. Need more active developers/scripters if RS is going to thrive on these forums. Some days the sound of crickets after you release a script is overwhelming.

I've always thought that competition is a good thing, it drives people to work harder, be more innovative and improve the quality of their product. Personally I really like the idea of more includes sprouting up. :)

I've always thought that competition is a good thing, it drives people to work harder, be more innovative and improve the quality of their product.
In that sense I agree with you completely. But it makes for some difficult decisions as a script writer which includes to use.

Choose wrongly and the includes you chose to use close shop the next week leaving your script nonfunctional. Or do you spend a great deal of time reinventing the wheel writing your own routines, when you could be taking advantage of the efforts of the various include developers?

As most of you gathered I left the community for personal reasons outside of the game or programming.

I would like to announce that though I have been away lets just say an open eye when your gone and come back has been approached.

I Would like to announce a new project which should hopefully take by storm as a basic "All-in-One" Include which should make it for General use criss cross game series, which means universal means, as well bringing back the core function of UBeX.

Though UnitedBots has been closed for quite some time I want to assure everyone that I am not dead :)

Cody has done a fantastic job on trying to keep UBeX up to date during my absence. Thank you buddy.

As we all know of this combat system which is taking effect here within the next few months we will be seeing a MASSIVE change to the game. I want to assure everyone that this is not a problem and hope to see UBeX 2.0 Reach its full potentail as I have been "Opened" I will be rewriting ALL code within UBeX which does not rely on anyone or anything else to use it. Of course scar itself though.

Release date will be known in the future time.

Well its good to know that you're not dead. I've dropped off the grid a bit lately. School, work, and personal life has been shifting dramatically in the past couple of weeks making it difficult but I'm working towards a new routine. Hopefully I'll be back in full swing once I adjust.

SRL lost its founding principles and owed much of its existence to the accomplishments of Kaitnieks. For the record, SRL isn't even SRL. It's simba-forums. SCAR Runescape library lol.. there hasn't been any real include development there since SRL 4 in 2008.

As for crickets... Try posting on sythe?

I've always thought that competition is a good thing, it drives people to work harder, be more innovative and improve the quality of their product. Personally I really like the idea of more includes sprouting up. :)

Capitalism ftw? :)

In that sense I agree with you completely. But it makes for some difficult decisions as a script writer which includes to use.

Choose wrongly and the includes you chose to use close shop the next week leaving your script nonfunctional. Or do you spend a great deal of time reinventing the wheel writing your own routines, when you could be taking advantage of the efforts of the various include developers?

Participate more in include development? I'm a script writer too, and knowing the backside helps just as much as the front-side.

Edited by Wanted

I'm still fairly re-new to scar, but while multiple includes sound good to me, I've already run into a problem where OSI is still seems partially dependant on UBeX, which I'm understanding wasn't updated until just recently anyways.

http://forums.scar-divi.com/showthread.php?1036-Can-someone-post-Canvas-Tutorial-Please&highlight=Duplicate+Identifier+%27OSI_Variance%27

While developing in different directions can lead to new paths to be developed, something one group develops, another group hasn't even considered, something needs to be kept central when this kind of cross dependent errors occur?

I'm still fairly re-new to scar, but while multiple includes sound good to me, I've already run into a problem where OSI is still seems partially dependant on UBeX, which I'm understanding wasn't updated until just recently anyways.

The current builds of UBeX depend on OSI, but not the other way around...

I was half asleep when writing that, and realized that after the fact while rebooting my computer >_>

but it stands that ubex can't exist standalone from OSI, and bixby pointed out well that alot of effort can be wasted re-inventing the wheel. But sometimes, re-inventing the wheel can lead to new discoveries and insights.

Coca-Cola was invented by accident trying to re-invent headache remedies.

The Heart-Pacemaker was invented while trying to trying to re-invent a Heart-Soundrecorder.

But finding a way to ?Standardize? includes as they pop up, finding the nuggets of real universal value, cleaning them up, and adding them to the OSI or another central standard include set would also be beneficial.

I was half asleep when writing that, and realized that after the fact while rebooting my computer >_>

but it stands that ubex can't exist standalone from OSI, and bixby pointed out well that alot of effort can be wasted re-inventing the wheel. But sometimes, re-inventing the wheel can lead to new discoveries and insights.

Coca-Cola was invented by accident trying to re-invent headache remedies.

The Heart-Pacemaker was invented while trying to trying to re-invent a Heart-Soundrecorder.

But finding a way to ?Standardize? includes as they pop up, finding the nuggets of real universal value, cleaning them up, and adding them to the OSI or another central standard include set would also be beneficial.

The new UBeX which should be completed in a couple months will be stand -alone. I am partially waiting to actually hardcode most of it for when the new combat system takes affect. Reason because the gui will change dramatically. Yet The basic functions of it being Stand-Alone for general use and functions will be done prior to that.

Just give me time and hang on.

This is my preference. It's nice to see the innovation of everyone, but at some point consolidate the really useful routines.

Participate more in include development? I'm a script writer too, and knowing the backside helps just as much as the front-side.
Actually, I am in the process of writing a set of Grand Exchange routines. I'm hoping somebody out there will be in a position to field test them in their own scripts.

Well the thing with this is. OSI is Wanteds design. Honestly even though I can script great it is the point of how cluttered he wants OSI. We talked about this before and the reason came up that OSI is not just meant for RS but more of a platform to openly write into other games. Not just RS

Well the thing with this is. OSI is Wanteds design. Honestly even though I can script great it is the point of how cluttered he wants OSI. We talked about this before and the reason came up that OSI is not just meant for RS but more of a platform to openly write into other games. Not just RS

So which one is a platform to script for more games, Ubex or GMRL or both? lol confusing. One has the scripts, the other the back end stuff?

Edited by LordJashin

What's with the double posting, guess I should have hit "leave page". I kill the activity stream with all this dbling. I don't understand why the system doesn't get rid of duplicates. Or maybe I should wait for it too?

Edited by LordJashin