FHannes

SCAR Divi 3.31 Alpha

SCAR Divi 3.31 Alpha is now available. 3.31 will be a giant update in terms of internal changes, I've been rewriting huge parts of the code that powers the application, this is far from complete though. Currently the following are features are not working (properly):

• Exporting functions to plugins

There may be more things not working of course, I'm not entirely sure.

However, I would strongly encourage include/script authors to try their scripts with this version to check for any bugs in running scripts. I went through great lengths to get all of the functionality of running scripts working for this release, but I could've missed something, so if you come across anything that doesn't work with this version while it should (did before), please post about it in this topic so I can go fix it.

Regular: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar/

Portable: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar_portable/

Changelog:

Bugfixes:
- Small bug in loading toolbars/docks
- ReadLn didn't return the result
- Bug in the settingsmanager caused issues when changing the editor format
- CallProc didn't return the proper result
- Local variables were bugged in code completion

Improvements:
- New interface for script engine
- Improved compile/running time measurement
- Vastly improved speed for displaying variable content while debugging
- Updated bitmap encoding

Additions:
- function FileAge(const Path: string): TDateTime;
- function ScriptFile: AnsiString;

Removed:
- BitmapFromString2

Enjoy :)

~Freddy

---------- Post added 01-28-2012 at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-27-2012 at 01:58 PM ----------

I've uploaded a new copy, you can now doubleclick errors to go to the error location as before

Edited by Freddy

Another build, API calls are working again

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Uploaded another copy, this one also does pause/resume

---------- Post added 01-29-2012 at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-28-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

New build, again, this one has a lot of stuff fixed, also has step over/into working, though you can't actually see the line you're on yet.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Uploading another copy, this one has a lot of fixes, also run to cursor and coloring the current line on debugging.

scar331_1.png

Edited by Freddy

Well, I'll look into it and try to reproduce it myself, I have to study for my last exams though, so i won't be able to look at it until tomorrow night

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Okay fess up Freddy: sometimes you just put stuff in there to mess with us.

On a side-note, I did put in an easter-egg like in 3.26 or something, pretty lame one :P But not impossible to find, though so far no one seems to have found it...

Well, I'll look into it and try to reproduce it myself, I have to study for my last exams though, so i won't be able to look at it until tomorrow night

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

On a side-note, I did put in an easter-egg like in 3.26 or something, pretty lame one :P But not impossible to find, though so far no one seems to have found it...

Yea if I didn't find it by now no one will.

Give us a hint pl0x? Also yay @ CallProc fix(does this mean it actually returns something instead of " "?). Oh and when can we expect the ctrl+click function to open that file up? Also, do you think there's a way to make extensions for scar?(something like simba?)

Edited by KingKong

Give us a hint pl0x?

It's hidden somewhere in the GUI

Also yay @ CallProc fix(does this mean it actually returns something instead of " "?).

Yes, the return value of the function

Oh and when can we expect the ctrl+click function to open that file up?

In SCAR 4 probably.

Also, do you think there's a way to make extensions for scar?(something like simba?)

Also in SCAR 4, but there won't be any sex involved.

So the easter-egg is still there in 3.3x?

Yes

Also, boo for the no sex :P

Headache, srr :P

I've just uploaded a new copy of the alpha, the entire old engine system has now been removed and all functions related to running and debugging scripts have been reimplemented, some also more stable or a lot faster than before. You can see the speed improvements very clearly. I've attached a script, open it in 3.30 and scroll down, click the line with the hello world so your caret moves to that line, then go in to the Script menu and press Run To Cursor. Now repeat the same thing with 3.31 Alpha, compare the speeds. (Will do the same thing for any line of executable code, but I just want you to have to scroll all the way down :P)

EDIT: Now that the new interface to the script engine is finished, I'll start reimplementing codehints and code completion properly.

vardebug.scar

Edited by Freddy

Code completion has been implemented now. Also, BitmapFromString2 was removed, but that really shouldn't affect anyone since the encoding method for it was removed from SCAR years ago.

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-05-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

I've uploaded another copy, this one has code hints implemented! So far I've replaced about 2000 old lines of code with 3000 completely new lines of code for this new system.