shadowrecon

Leechers -- My Ideas

I think people would be more likely to contribute and share if we had some kind of member system, (like SRL). If a person had to apply for member's by sending a script to someone and having them look it over and deciding if the person was at some standard then allowing them access to a certain sections of other posted member scripts. Then also having a nonmember/leech section. Im sure this would make people feel more comfortable about releasing quality scripts in the circulation and knowing they would receive quality feedback from the users of the scripts to better their scripts. Just a thought, but ive had a few people from the forums agree with this thought, and say its a reason why they dont release many scripts. This would not be to stop people from using scripts but to help the person who made it get better feedback, as right now most scripts get 3k veiws but 10 comments. This would also encourage people to get started scripting to get access to this section of the site.

Edited by shadowrecon

There's a lot of things that need to be done to the forums obviously, our priority here is development.

However forum structure can play a significant role in aiding and incentivizing (at least initial) development.

We can expect changes to slowly take place as the community grows, however there are other priorities for Freddy.

Someone with extensive web development and VBulletin interface skills is probably another thing we need to accomplish a lot of this.

Dankness played a huge role in what you see on SRL today, he was essentially the webmaster.

We can't expect Freddy to worry about SCAR and being webmaster of these forums.

There's a lot of things that need to be done to the forums obviously, our priority here is development.

However forum structure can play a significant role in aiding and incentivizing (at least initial) development.

We can expect changes to slowly take place as the community grows, however there are other priorities for Freddy.

Someone with extensive web development and VBulletin interface skills is probably another thing we need to accomplish a lot of this.

Dankness played a huge role in what you see on SRL today, he was essentially the webmaster.

We can't expect Freddy to worry about SCAR and being webmaster of these forums.

Yeah i took that into consideration. But it could easily be accomplished with usergroups just simply add the person to that usergroup. And Im sure every scripter would rather see development on the bot side of things rather than website of things. But again just an idea im sure everything will come together over time. Cant expect things over night.

2. Jill would like to set up a private forum for administrators only.

Since these permissions changes affect just a single forum (not all forums), Jill can accomplish this configuration by turning off the can view forum and can post new threads options (for this forum only) for all user groups apart from the Administrators.

vb2_manual_cp_usergroups

I'm more than capable of developing SCAR and running this community.[/Quote]

I never said you were not capable =)

And remember that this is not an "RS cheating" community, it's a community for SCAR scripting. Member groups relating to such activities are NOT acceptable.

This is post is referring to RS but it simply states 'scripts'. This could be applied to all categories, 'Sea fight' included as i know there are scripter's on there side that do not release to leachers.

Shouldnt you think aboput a name change from scar, shit compared to autorune....

It got its name from that, but its like other acronyms over time they loose there orginal meaning and just become the acronym its self.

"F.U.C.K" -In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.U.C.K. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.. Same with the word "S.H.I.T"- which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-f-word.htm

SCAR and every bot I've seen (except maybe aryan) are Shite [When] Compared to Auto Rune ;-)

Anyways, on topic. Freddy I (we) know you are more than capable of running the community, but I think it's more important that you focus your time/efforts on development rather than worrying about fancy forum features etc. This is not a runescape cheating community, it's an intellectual's hobby and interest community (with slight monetary incentives). However a decent amount of this may depend on people who are interested more in the runescape [insert popular thing or money related idea here] 'cheating' aspect/prospective. That being said at some point down the road I predict there will more people directly involved in running the community, and by running I mean with particular things that will help the end result out indirectly. Like forum design/interface... user groups etc. The key here is that there is no bullshit aristocracy here that is meddling in business they should not be. SCAR decisions are made by those who are SCAR. OSI decisions are made by those who are OSI. No uninvolved people pulling puppet strings.

My point is things will progress here naturally and without rush or influence from places it shouldn't be coming from.