Ndogg

Reading Text Functions

How do I read text in certain areas on the screen other than the OSI ones?

At the most, right now I have it to check to see if a certain texts color is on the screen which works for this part. But I want it to read the text to be more accurate.

Are you trying to read text from the chat box? There is quite a few ways to go about ti but really depends on what your trying to read. heres a link to the old scar manual the functions still work and there is alot of useful information in there, one way i think people use to read the text was CreateBitmapFromText(Text: string; Chars: Integer; TextColor: Integer): Integer; only problem with this is you need the proper char. to load into it and currently scar doesnt have its own text libs and osi has a few but if your trying to read chat box i havent found it useful yet but there are some other methods. < these are a bit more complicated to set up but this is about the only way with out completely writing your own method.

Just curious have you checked all the osi libs. and seen what functions they have to offer? Like i said depends on what your trying to accomplish. Also dont just focus on one method try to figure out another method to solve your problem, because having multiple methods can really stop miss clicks and having your guy stand there lookin silly =)

Well, the first thing I was trying to read was the "Bank booth" text at the top of the screen who worked with just checking for the blue color since that was the only blue color around and no other objects would have shown that color. But, now I want it to read items in the bank and items that drop on the ground.

@shadowrecon

I have looked at the OSI libs, but I am playing a rs private so I havent really been able to get the OSI libs to work with it.

If you are trying to bank something, Wanted has wrote a nice function for opening the bank, its called OpenBankBooth(); it takes only a few variables, look at the function in the include "Bank". Aslong as your in the bank it will open the bank screen. But yeah GetUpText is the next best way if you insist on doing it yourself. =)

Alright thanks everyone, I guess I will try OpenBankBooth first but I dont know what the Loc variable is? OpenBankBooth(Loc: Integer)

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

A lot of the OSI functions dont work for my rs version :/ is there an OSI download for the older runescape design?

Why doesnt GetUpText working?
The text fonts used in the game have changed dramatically a number of times, breaking the OCR each time. And using a private server there is guarantee they aren't using a different font altogether. Might wind up making your own fonts for the OCR to work properly.