FHannes

SCAR Divi 3.30 Beta

SCAR Divi 3.30 Beta has been released. Some rushing was involved writing this, it was originally scheduled for the 5th of December, but here it is already. This release contains a new library (plugins) system, no longer are they all loaded automatically, you need to load them in your script with the $L, $LIB or $LIBRARY directive. Same as the $INCLUDE directive, it supports relative paths. default search path is the Plugins folder. Aside from that there's some revisions to the RS2 OCR system.

Regular: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar/

Portable: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar_portable/

Changelog:

Bugfixes:
- Small bug in the preprocessor
- Bug when saving a file to a location that is no longer accessible
- Bug in overloading for legacy plugins

Improvements:
- rs_LoadUpChars renamed to rs_LoadChars
- rs_GetUpTextAt renamed to rs_GetTextAt
- New plugin system (use $L(IB(RARY)) to load, supports relative paths)

Additions:
- New menu to add tabs or close all tabs next to existing tabs in script editor
- $HINT, $WARN(ING) and $ERROR directives

Removed:
- rs_GetCustomSizeUpText
- rs_GetUpText

Enjoy :)

~Freddy

Gotta be something on my machine. The 2nd time you run script that uses SMART (leaving the SMART window open between) everything goes to hell.

SCAR with latest OSI locks up when I try this. For kicks tried this with the latest Simba/SRL and it crashed Simba. Badly. Just "went away".

Everything worked perfectly yesterday. Fun! I did install uTorrent in between that should? not affect this?

Well, Wanted was talking about something like this, I did push the update in a hurry, spent 5 hours finishing up the plugin system so I could make changes to the RS OCR functions, but it's a beta release, so bugs are to be expected every now and then :) I'll check it out and see if I can track down the issue. SMART is rather delicate to work with though as it has issues unloading jvm from the memory and such.

I suspect it is something I am doing. Just rolled forward to the latest SCAR, forced a reinstall of plugins, and OSI's RS2 template script seemed to run fine.

I then loaded a script I am working on (and worked on all day yesterday with no problems) and tried to run it. SMART loaded just fine. The script then sets up/displays my form and bye bye baby! Only does this if using SMART.

It would seem I am doing something wrong in my Form that broke with the latest update to SCAR.

Last night I had some screwed up copy of OSI.

I had the same problem with not being able to stop scripts/close SCAR etc. I slowly tried isolating the problem and somehow removed it without knowing what I did.

I pushed the latest OSI and it works great now, in fact, I can not for the life of me get the bug to come back.

One possible problem I can think of is, SMART.dll might still be in your SCAR plugins folder... or the include manager trying to get SMART from the old OSI directory when its not needed anymore.

I installed scar in a different location, got OSI through the includes manager, and now it works great.. still impossible for me to even get the bug back.

ChooseOption works better than ever, no more need for color looping through RS text colors and using TextTPA, I can successfully use the same rs_GetUpTextAt to do this, right now the only apparent problems are the 'i' and 'y' chars and rarely spacing, I spent multiple hours trying to mess with the fonts getting them to work with no luck. When I get back from work in 7 hours, I'm going to fuss with chooseoption somemore, restructure it a little and add somehting that trims out all i, y, and spaces for comparison (instead of just using Pos()>0) that may be the final fix unless Freddy can help me with the fonts/ocr or something lol.

Well I'm about to leave and push this patch to the essence miner to manually avoid those chars in chooseoption. Everyone will have to wait until I get back, my best advice for fixing the bug is removing everything you have and starting from scratch if that other thing I said doesn't work.

It seems SRL is using some half working fix with TextATPA (lol) and is still having compass troubles (ours never was affect xD)

We'll get this all squared away completely tonight and hopefully move on, jagex has successfully wasted over 12 hours of my life with all to be gained is future durability to updates and being able to ignore color in chooseoption.

Setting up SCAR prelrease http://forums.scar-divi.com/showthread.php?303-How-to-get-OSI-and-SCAR-ready-for-botting&highlight=

One possible problem I can think of is, SMART.dll might still be in your SCAR plugins folder... or the include manager trying to get SMART from the old OSI directory when its not needed anymore.

Shouldn't be an issue, it should never even touch those files if they were there, the way OSI is currently set up.