Amberleaf

AmberHeater -- Super Heater

AmberHeater v0.5

AHmoniez.jpg

Superheats iron ore and coal to make steel bars at the east Varrock bank, with random movements and a custom antiban.

Requirements

Level 43 magic to cast Superheat

Nature runes

Fire staff (in hand)

Iron ore in the top right bank slot

Coal in the slot to the left of your iron ore

//SETTINGS//

1. Start the script and wait for SMART to start.

2. When the Runescape login screen appears stop the script and click disable smart.

3. Log into your account.

4. Go to the Varrock east bank and face any of the bankers on the east side.

5. Enter your pin and make sure your iron and coal are in their correct positions.

6. Withdraw 9 iron ore & then bank them, so the right click menu contains withdraw 9 iron ores. Close the bank here.

7. Enable smart by clicking the button.

8. Start the script.

v0.5 updates.

Fixed the script as it wasn't working after the recent updates.

//Tips//

Don't 24/7 it, It needs many more hours of testing.

If you want a feature adding have a go at implementing it, don't be afraid to mess around with it.

AmberHeaterv0.5.scar

If you encounter any problems post here with as much detail as possible.

Edited by Amberleaf
updated to v0.5

Hey not bad for a first script

You should really learn how to use OSI, it will make your life easier and scripts work a lot better.

You can get started by reading the manual http://forums.scar-divi.com/forumdisplay.php?57-OSI-Manual

Learn things like standards so your code is indented, and Mouse so you aren't constantly using ClickMouseWind etc. Inventory functions and loops so you don't have tons of repetitive code copied and pasted.

Hopefully I'll have a tutorial up soon so that you can learn easier, I don't have all the time to show examples right now.

I downloaded scar yesterday i used to write scripts for 'other bots', i'd like to learn more about this OSI. Anything that saves time & is generally faster/better would be nice.

I'll read through the manual now. thanks.

btw. A random question..

when i print back to the console with Writeln('blabla');

how can i make the text color red?

thx in advance.

I downloaded scar yesterday i used to write scripts for 'other bots', i'd like to learn more about this OSI. Anything that saves time & is generally faster/better would be nice.

I'll read through the manual now. thanks.

You can always learn by looking through other scripts

Here's two right now that use OSI

http://forums.scar-divi.com/showthread.php?302-OSI-Demon-Slinger

http://forums.scar-divi.com/showthread.php?318-Working-on-a-new-essence-miner

Hey hockeypanda thanks for the feedback mate, sure upload your version to pastebin and I'll nab it and make it the downloadable version on here, so hard determining wait times for different computers/set ups. 700 bars p/hour not bad not bad :D

---------- Post added 11-22-2011 at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-21-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

As of 22/11/11 with coal being 195gp each, iron ore being 129gp each & nature runes at 181gp each, PROFIT PER BAR IS 495GP EACH..

It's a very nice money maker atm :D

To make your script shorter, i've mede you a loop. Loop is something you will, and should use in future scripts, if u contineue to develop your pascal skills.

This loop does the same as you do in your SmeltOre-procedure, but only 1/10 the size. - Should work, just the same way.

procedure SmeltOre;
var 
  i:Integer
begin
  repeat 
     i:= i + 1;
     Wait(500 + Random(500));
     MouseItem(9, False);
     Wait(500 + Random(500));
     Superheat;
     Wait(250 + Random(500));
     Writeln('Melting bar ' + i + '...');
  until(i = 9);

Writeln('Total Amount Smelted: ' + i);
end;

You should learn Indentation of Block Structure. In Python, C and PHP indentation is (usualy) 4 spaces, in pascal the normal thing is 3 spaces.

Tab is also popular in meny programming languages, but a general thumbrule is to not mix space and tab. I do not follow pascals indent rule, perfecly. I'm more used to python, so i program in a more pythonic way.

Edit: I keep asking my self. WHY do SCAR use Pascal? Why not use a faster langauge? - Engine in C(++), and scripting interface in Python. This should be faster, and simpler. Python is in general one of the fastes interpeded languages, with all sorts of extentions, it builds on C, so extentions can easly be made using C.

Edited by slacky

Indents in pascal are 2 spaces. Also, pascal isn't inherently slow, as a matter of fact, it's faster than most languages because it's native. The reason SCAR scripts are slower than native is code because they're executed by a script engine which unfortunately isn't optimized for speed. In the (near) future a new engine will be integrated into SCAR, still using pascal scripting, but executing at about 100 times the speed of the current engine, maybe 1.5-2 times slower than native Delphi/C++ code.

Edited by Freddy

Quoting some old pascal documentation:

well scar uses 2 because thats what everyone uses when writing scar scripts, so it helps keep some uniformity when reading someone elses scripts. i dont think this is specified anywhere its just what we use. some people dont use any indentation, which sucks id rather 2 than none.. =)