Added:

Divi\Level 3\Client.scar:
                      - procedure SCARCaptionReset;

Divi\Level 1\Globals.scar:
                       - procedure _DontUse_OSI_ShowLastExecptMsg;
                       - function OSI_SafeShowLastExecptMsg: Boolean;

File:
  - Divi\Misc\Forms.scar:
                       - function OSI_FormSafeShow(frmShowFunctName: string): Boolean;
                       - function OSI_FormSafeInit(frmInitProcName: string): Boolean;
                       - function OSI_FormRun(frmInitProcName, frmShowFunctName: string; Form: TForm): Boolean;

Folder & File:
    - Divi\Misc\Forms:
                    - RS2_PlayerSetup.scar:
                                         - Check out the testing file in RS2/Testing

File:
  - RS2\Testing\FormTesting.scar:
                               - Tests out the RS2_PlayerSetup.scar form

Renamed:
     - (SCARSetCaption -> SCARCaptionSet)

Improvements:

OSI.scar:
      - Included Forms.scar

Divi\Level 3\Multi.scar: 
                     - Forgot to put in comment in header

Divi\Level 1\Globals: 
                  - Updated HandleOSIException to use new OSI_SafeShowLastExecptMsg function

- Added Form stuff

- Updated ALL Dialog functions for 3.37

Here is the test Script for the new PlayerSetupForm:

[scar]

{$DEFINE RS2}

{$DEFINE SMART}

{$I ../../OSI.scar}

procedure TestForms;

begin

if OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run then

WriteLn('OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run: Woot Successful! Returned True!')

else

WriteLn('OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run: Returned False: Woops you didn''t hit Start, you must hit start for this to return true');

end;

begin

ClearDebug;

TestForms;

end.

[/scar]

Loads this:

ppV9s.png

This is a Fully Functional Form meaning if you use this, it will login for you, and everything!

More features will be added to this form soon. Tons of stuff I could add.

Bank pin for one

Alright Bixby, the RevertRSClient, and UpdateRSClient have been updated. And things are working better now in that regard.

- Also error checking was fixed so that if No Error, then it won't show the no error....if that flag is set

The FORM has been fixed, it was a v.01 but now its v.01 stable. Here it is now :P :

Regio324324234n.png

Use the same script above to test it out. But you must have the latest github build from OSI's github:

[scar]

{$DEFINE RS2}

{$DEFINE SMART}

{$I ../../OSI.scar}

procedure TestForms;

begin

if OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run then

WriteLn('OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run: Woot Successful! Returned True!')

else

WriteLn('OSI_Form_RS2_SetupPlayer_Run: Returned False: Woops you didn''t hit Start, you must hit start for this to return true');

end;

begin

ClearDebug;

TestForms;

end.

[/scar]

Don't expect too much yet, lol. It took me long enough to make that work x.x Especially! With the world loading. I'll work on it more later.

Multiplayer is a little more challenging to tackle at first. I just wanted to get something out fast that could work and look nice. Which is what happened.

Eventually I want to make it so you can add your own fields, and some advanced options. Definitely with all those variables the players can have!

Ill make it have tabs, and man does it get complicated...But even more complicated, is being able to change options when the script is running. Idk how I would implement that. I would have to draw a button on SMART's canvas. Hmm, maybe ill play around with that sometime...

Edited by LordJashin

I like the view-able player list it beats having to tab left and right.

OSI Runecrafter may be broken but at its core is still highly valuable script practice to use OSI the way I intended it to be. It's worth looking through OSI runecrafter and Runecrafter Reborn (the abyssal walking sections) for learning purposes.

Well here's the one I might just go with:

I'll have the script settings, and add player Open new forms to deal with that.

4yXtY.png

However, I like more graphically advanced looking forms. It needs graphics bad...

I could take some graphics that OSI has and shove some in there. Along with some of the same image libraries SCAR uses that are free to use.

Edit Hmmm look what i found:

vf8sk.jpg

Looks pretty sexy, but I see why the Players list box is better xD.

For my form just need a better Label (photoshop image or somethin). Then I need a Help button too xD.

Edited by LordJashin

Yeah I tried ripping just the form out of that, and encountered errors. It requires more thought, could you do it for me? Or just take a pic of it? ...

:( no one piece this week x.x

Hahaha if you ripped it for I did it for you then you wouldn't LEARN. You have to figure it out and read the code and understand the code, it's the only way you'll IMPROVE and be able to recreate and CREATE new things. I can promise you 99.9% of the things I do are correct and have a meaningful purpose for being there in OSI and elsewhere. That doesn't I don't make slight errors or that things can't be done in a more creative intelligent way, but you have to put a lot of THOUGHT into it.

I got as good as I did because I read through entire scripts, entire INCLUDES line by line and literally MEMORIZED how they worked. I watched how different people used different techniques and then I CREATED my own include using the knowledge I had ACQUIRED. That's how I am able to create, diagnose, repair, and maintain my own include. You'll see people who can only do some of those things because it's hard to diagnosis and even harder to design new complex things in the first place, and they just stick with things like repair...maintenance etc..

I know I sound like a dick but it's the truth if you strive to be the best this is what it takes.

That picture is outdated, I changed the text to white with drop shadow.

OP, you read the mangas or just the watch the show? and have you seen the whole series/read it all yet? There are DRAMATIC differences lol between sub dub and books.

Edited by Wanted

Hahaha if you ripped it for I did it for you then you wouldn't LEARN. You have to figure it out and read the code and understand the code, it's the only way you'll improve and be able to recreate and CREATE new things. I can promise you 99.9% of the things I do are correct and have a meaningful purpose for being there in OSI and elsewhere. That doesn't I don't make slight errors or that things can't be done in a more creative intelligent way, but you have to put a lot of THOUGHT into it.

I got as good as I did because I read through entire scripts, entire INCLUDES line by line and literally MEMORIZED how they worked. I watched how different people used different techniques and then I CREATED my own include using the knowledge I had ACQUIRED. That's how I am able to create, diagnose, repair, and maintain my own include. You'll see people who can only do some of those things because its hard to diagnosis and even harder to design new complex things in the first place, and they just stick with things like repair...maintenance etc..

I know I sound like a dick but it's the truth if you strive to be the best this is what it takes.

That picture is outdated, I changed the text to white with drop shadow.

OP, you read the mangas or just the watch the show? and have you seen the whole series/read it all yet? There are DRAMATIC differences lol between sub dub and books.

I've read all the manga up the current one (from last week). And I have watched all the Subbed episodes up to the current one. I have also seen all the movies subbed. The whole manga is available online e.g. mangehere.com, mangastream.com, onepieceofficial.com (vidoes subbed), watchop.com (for no ads and videos subbed), and probably tons more...

I still don't see what you did to OSI, that is beyond my understanding atm. You're scripts may be beyond my understanding, because I haven't analyzed what does what.

The OSI Variance stuff is interesting, but it seems that can cause problems? idk what else to put here right now haven't put thought into it atm...

I've read all the manga up the current one (from last week). And I have watched all the Subbed episodes up to the current one. I have also seen all the movies subbed. The whole manga is available online e.g. mangehere.com, mangastream.com, onepieceofficial.com (vidoes subbed), watchop.com (for no ads and videos subbed), and probably tons more...

I still don't see what you did to OSI, that is beyond my understanding atm. You're scripts may be beyond my understanding, because I haven't analyzed what does what.

The OSI Variance stuff is interesting, but it seems that can cause problems? idk what else to put here right now haven't put thought into it atm...

OP is freaking awesome

You have to break everything down and analyze it and figure out what it does. If you take time to ask the right questions if you have to then I can answer them. It's going to take a lot of work on your part

It took me 6 years to get to the point where I could churn out random solvers (RS doesn't have randoms anymore :S ? ) and do things with OSI that we could only dream of in SRL and lot of that stuff isn't even NOTICEABLE to most scripters because they lack the skill it takes to even notice those things.

I've been watching you and others improve and I can say with this type of information set up and my work to model from you guys improve a lot faster and honestly are on course to exceed my skill level with enough time. I've been through this all I can almost judge your exact skill level based off your word choice and understanding of what scripting truly is simply by the things that you say. I see everything and I can remember when I was at your exact skill level

A few suggestions i have on the OSI general purpose form is you should have options for the script creator to hide/show the script settings button, then instead of creating a script settings form make it so the script writer can assign a function to the button, for instance to open a form they created with just settings. This would obviously defeat the purpose of having a simple form but pretty much every script has some sort of variables its needs.

Another idea is just to go through and make a general purpose set of forms, for instance, the script writer could select to use the wood cutting form and when they did it would show a form with options on what to do with an axe, or what logs to cut.. you get the point, just general forms for each skill.

Maybe im over-thinking this. I plan on making some time for scripting this winter break! I love what you have done lordjashin, glad to see your still around!

Thanks, and yes the forms do need a lot of work. Which is why I liked the simple one I made because its simple and looks nice xD. Now, taking a look at MSI, whoever did the graphics on it was amazing. That and the sliding panels thing is pretty cool. I would still prefer the use of separate forms though. I suggest we make a system of variables for setting OSI up with later.

For the forms for different scripts, I say we just make the Script Settings form changeable for every script. For instance, could put some of the obvious things in there that we can already. And the script specific things we can make functions for. Like...AddEditBox('Caption'). ...etc.