repeat

myDate := Time;

myTime := FormatDateTime('tt', myDate);

Status('It is now '+myTime);

wait(1000);

writeln(myTime);

until (myTime = '06:20:25');

end.

I need script, that stop example when the time 06:20:25. This script dont stop 06:20:25, but why? :)

Thanks help.

Not really cause it's outputting every second. And I had this run for a good 20mins.

Nothing is ever exact. You never want to use =, instead >= if possible. Strings are not the right type for this. It is very easy for it to never be the correct string at the correct time it is checked at the end of the loop.

Nothing is ever exact. You never want to use =, instead >= if possible. Strings are not the right type for this. It is very easy for it to never be the correct string at the correct time it is checked at the end of the loop.

:/. It didn't seem like it was needed.

So in the high chance that it doesn't check that exact time at the end of that loop it will repeat forever, an even higher chance considering a loop is brought back up multiple times. Especially if it wasn't something simple like this that had more stuff in the loop the would greatly affect the time. This is horrible practice and should never be used regardless of the situation, this is exactly how intermittent problems happen.

So in the high chance that it doesn't check that exact time at the end of that loop it will repeat forever, an even higher chance considering a loop is brought back up multiple times. Especially if it wasn't something simple like this that had more stuff in the loop the would greatly affect the time. This is horrible practice and should never be used regardless of the situation, this is exactly how intermittent problems happen.

I was only solving his issue. A simple "if" could be added though so that doesn't happen.

The only high chance would be if a hour went back/forward. Which he could have noticed himself.