werdna

[CAUTION] Bundled Malware With SCAR Divi Download

Meh why anyone would hit agree to download that added extra bs is beyond me. SCAR itself is perfectly safe and whatever you're talking about probably has something to do with that installer package toolbar thing that you can just decline... that or your firewall sees an unverified program with tons of access things to keys/mouse/web etc and sets off a red flag.

TL;DR

SCAR is safe, hit decline on extras that are included with install (which are probably safe anyways)

I did not agree to download malware. I downloaded SCAR Divi from the official source, and ended up with a bunch of malware. Malware which is certainly not "probably safe", nor is "probably safe" a good enough guarantee from a member of staff providing a product. (free or otherwise).

SCAR is safe, downloading it may not be. So I believe it is necessary to warn your users of hazards before they attempt to download.

TL;DR, take a bit of extra care when downloading SCAR, they include bundled malware, that is not safe.

I did not agree to download malware. I downloaded SCAR Divi from the official source, and ended up with a bunch of malware. Malware which is certainly not "probably safe", nor is "probably safe" a good enough guarantee from a member of staff providing a product. (free or otherwise).

SCAR is safe, downloading it may not be. So I believe it is necessary to warn your users of hazards before they attempt to download.

TL;DR, take a bit of extra care when downloading SCAR, they include bundled malware, that is not safe.

From a legal stand point (legal i.e. clearly bullshit but whatever) it's not "malware" or at least 'malicious' malware depending on the definition. It's the same type of shit that is bundled with every installer these days (big names and small... that ask for all kinds of bullshit toolbars etc.) where it asks you download essentially exactly the same thing that fcks with your internet settings, changes your homepage, adds sht to your browsers, and returns 'data'... until you uninstall it. So yes you did 'agree' to it.

From an honest standpoint it should be removed from the installer and is clearly a bad thing (to what extent I'm entirely unsure) but honestly you're fighting a (probably) wrong battle with the wrong people on this one. And 'they' is not us.. at least not intentionally... and certainty is not affiliated with us other than the small revenue Freddy gets everytime from the company that does these installers when people do accept.

TL;DR

Hit decline

Edited by Wanted

When the adware was added to SCAR, it only included safe software. If this has changed that's regrettable, but something beyond my control. It is however scheduled to be removed when the next build is released, I should probably get around to that soon.