BryceTheCoder

Can someone make me a isUpText for 2007scape please?

MSSL contains RS07_IsUpText() - feel free to use it, learn from it or even take it and then edit your very own version of it.

MSSL\Library\Gaming\RuneScape_2007\Core\Level-2\Text.scar => RS07_IsUpText() or RS07_IsUpText2()

I will be releasing full support for RuneScape 2007 within tomorrow. Introduction will be then available aswell (similar to the one that was made for Project RS06/Project RSC)!

-Jani

The only huge downside with MSSL is that it's just way too overbloated for SCAR (not blaming SCAR, blaming myself) - it is getting a little too massive, for real.

I have to keep Codehints disabled (SCAR Divi => Tools => Editor => Codehints => Enabled [X] to [ ]), because they lag so f*cking much. :D

But yeah, all the things that there are currently added in, will be stable tomorrow - mostly just banking part that I need to update in it.

-Jani

MSSL contains RS07_IsUpText() - feel free to use it, learn from it or even take it and then edit your very own version of it.

MSSL\Library\Gaming\RuneScape_2007\Core\Level-2\Text.scar => RS07_IsUpText() or RS07_IsUpText2()

I will be releasing full support for RuneScape 2007 within tomorrow. Introduction will be then available aswell (similar to the one that was made for Project RS06/Project RSC)!

-Jani

Hey Jani, can you please help me get the imports for your include MSSL?

Sooo what exactly do I need to import for me to use the RS07_IsUpText function?

Jani, I have the complete Login character set for Old School if you need it. Spent a lot of time tweaking it so it is accurate with both GetUpText and CreateBitmapMaskFromText. Reading the text is a breeze. Had to tweak the spacing to get searching for the text to work.
Hmmm, nice! :) Yeah mate, of course I could give it a try.

Did you get it at least 70% reliable for both, UpText and Bitmap Mask creation? O_o Anyways, you did a pretty damn good job if it works correctly for both actions, because there's those random spacings every now and then with uptext, which can mess things up..

Example @Bryce:

{$DEFINE RS07}
{$I MSSL\MSSL.scar}

procedure ScriptTerminate;
begin
 MSSL_Unsetup;
end;

begin
 RS07_DisableGetClientActiveFromSetup := True; // We don't need to get applet active for this small example
 MSSL_Setup;    
 Wait(2000); // a little wait here, so you have enough time to move mouse somewhere..                       
 if RS07_IsUpText('Walk here') then
   WriteLn('SUCCESS!');
end.

-Jani

Did you get it at least 70% reliable for both, UpText and Bitmap Mask creation? O_o Anyways, you did a pretty damn good job if it works correctly for both actions, because there's those random spacings every now and then with uptext, which can mess things up..

Example @Bryce:

{$DEFINE RS07}
{$I MSSL\MSSL.scar}

procedure ScriptTerminate;
begin
 MSSL_Unsetup;
end;

begin
 RS07_DisableGetClientActiveFromSetup := True; // We don't need to get applet active for this small example
 MSSL_Setup;    
 Wait(2000); // a little wait here, so you have enough time to move mouse somewhere..                       
 if RS07_IsUpText('Walk here') then
   WriteLn('SUCCESS!');
end.

-Jani

Thanks Jani!

If Jagex is being honest and they actually reverted the game to the RS August 10th 2007 version of the game than I have working font sets laying around for everything that were used way back in the day.

Yeess! That should make OSI 2 alot of time saving:)

This is for the login screen but yeah works for both. With a few caveats: Due to fact special characters such as ({[)}] change their spacing widely depending on what comes before or after them. Sometimes they even overlap the preceding/following character. So those few are hit or miss with the Bitmap Mask.

It appears? to be the same/similar font for uptext but I can't get it to recognize uptext using this font. Can't get any of the rs_xxxx text functions to recognize text. SCAR's other text functions work fine though. Wonder if it's because I'm using SMART? Have to play with it more.

Edit: Moot point anyway I guess. The poll results are in: according to votes you will have to pay for members in RS2 plus an extra $5/mo to play old school. They will make it free for RS2 members for 6 months as a "goodwill gesture". I won't be paying extra to pay so guess I'll go back to RS2.

Edited by Bixby Sayz