BryceTheCoder

Delete the looking for login for OSI.....

Ok so When trying to use OSI and declaring the RS2 by

{$DEFINE RS2}

It seems to search for the login screen... How do i bypass this? Becasue this is terribel.. I am not correctly using this for the actual RuneScape 2.

So i need to know how to bypass this or please delte it from OSI.

I'm not even defining SMART.

My defines:

{$DEFINE RS2}
{$DEFINE OSI_Color_Anti_Randoms}
{$I OSI\OSI.scar}

EDIT:

This is a serious problem because i cannot even create scripts whatsoever with this weird thing in :mad:

Edited by BryceTheCoder

Dunno a lot of people have touched RS2 code since I last did and I'm currently working on RS07 so I probably won't get to this for a while.

If you're looking for a quick fix try finding LoginScreen or w/e function in OSI to Result := True or go bug LordJashin etc.

Well hey, I am trying to code some scripts actually for RS07 so I mean, you are working on OSI 2 for 2007 so can i get the OSI 2 files while your working on them? Or please post them up on the Scar import manager so I may use them while you still develop them so I dont need that looking for loginscreen thing. This would greatly help me:)

Include this line before calling SetupOSI:

[sCAR]RS2_SkipSetupRSReady := True;[/sCAR]

Drives me nuts too. I believe the idea was if the login screen is not found after a period of time then your graphics settings/mode are likely wrong, so blindly click where the buttons should be to fix your graphics settings. Well intentioned but it sometimes causes more problems than it solves.

Well hey, I am trying to code some scripts actually for RS07 so I mean, you are working on OSI 2 for 2007 so can i get the OSI 2 files while your working on them? Or please post them up on the Scar import manager so I may use them while you still develop them so I dont need that looking for loginscreen thing. This would greatly help me:)

I'll have the osi2 repo tonight once I have it structured and few other core things done.

I'll be putting up a place holder for rs2 for now.

This is true. The "intentions" were to make it so that if ANY of the screens (LoginScreen, LobbyScreen, InGameScreen, w/e else) weren't found. That would mean the graphics are different, so lets blind click and change them. Now why is this acceptable? Well, most scripts use those screens. E.g. Login function. Now, the browser settings could be different, so if a user uses a script on the browser. I wanted the script to work, and if the graphic settings didn't adhere then to change them, check again, and then say like "oh you need to set ur settings to blah blah blah" if it still fails to detect those screens.

All of this is good for a script

[scar]

if not RS2_SkipSetupRSReady then

begin

OSI_WriteAndLog('RS2: Looking for (Login Screen, Lobby Screen, or LoggedIn)...8-13secs');

if not WaitFunc(@RSReady, True, 100, 250, 8000, 13000) then

FixLoginScreen;

end

[/scar]

Now, if you guys remember. SMART would alwaysssssssssssss check for RSReady. It still does now. I think also that non smart RS2 also checked RSReady... maybe. Why not both?

Thus its checked on both now.

Even more. HOW DOES A SCRIPT KNOW if RS2 is working if it can't check screens or functions to see if it is indeed the right size, shape, color, or w/e. OR if it'll work with your script.

So are you going to do this:

[scar]

program poop;

{$DEFINE RS2}

{$I OSI/OSI.scar}

begin

SetupOSI;

if FoundThatRunescapeIsGoodSoMyScriptWillWorkForIt then

AutoMINEOREZ;

end.

[/scar]

or are you going to just blind run it?:

[scar]

program poop;

{$DEFINE RS2}

{$I OSI/OSI.scar}

begin

SetupOSI;

AutoMineBitchez;

end.

[/scar]

That's why I wanted OSI to handle it, there may be some problems with it. But I remember back in the day taking out the WaitFunc from SMART, so I could test things. You can still disable this too. Through the RS2_SkipSetupRSReady boolean

Edited by LordJashin

Include this line before calling SetupOSI:

[sCAR]RS2_SkipSetupRSReady := True;[/sCAR]

Drives me nuts too. I believe the idea was if the login screen is not found after a period of time then your graphics settings/mode are likely wrong, so blindly click where the buttons should be to fix your graphics settings. Well intentioned but it sometimes causes more problems than it solves.

OMG! Thank you so much Bixby:)