Bixby Sayz

Find object on mainscreen

Trying to detect an object on the mainscreen that is comprised of a variety of colors and the colors can vary. Initially I tried making dtms with tolerance but just could not get it consistently working.

Playing around with aca tool came up with a color search that consistently finds the points of the object (and just the points of the object). And now I'm stuck.

I have this TPA of 100ish points found on the screen that match the object, but I have to have something to compare it to in order to know if I have a match.

I've pretty much given up on it. Don't actually need to find shape to do what I need to do.

Writing my own home teleport handler. The locks for teleports not yet unlocked are a (to the human eye) easily distinguishable shape. Look closer and you notice they are comprised of a variety of colors/shades within a single lock, and further each lock is a unique set of colors/shades. Chat text tells you if you try a teleport you haven't unlocked, so I can use that.

I wanted to figure out how to do this for the simple reason I wanted to figure out how to do this: find a shape on the screen. I know its possible and I've had a use for it in other scripts. Might look deeper into random handlers from here and the other guys. They have to incorporate some sort of shape detection.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Got it working flawlessly now. Wound up using ACA Tool to find/create color for each and every point of my dtm. Should have thought of that in the first place.

I'd post it, but we don't really have a place to put misc functions/code snippets.