Toby1

I'm back

Hey guys, some of you may remember me. I use to be active writing RS07 scripts about 4-6 months ago but since all my school stuff is finished i'm back and will be repurchasing RS membership and writing more RS07 scripts! (and checking the scripts i have published before, and updating them if there are any problems) anyways its good to be back!!

-Toby1

You will probably have some small difficulties with getting started, as scar has removes rs_GetTextAt, and the current RS07 libraries are probably outdated.

You might be able to get MSSL (RS07) running, or I could beg Janilabo to make some quickfixes/workarounds to get it running under latest SCAR. Tho there would be several functions that would not work, as MSSL relies a lot of uptext, and as mentioned that has been removed from SCAR.

You can however use (just copy it in to the includes folder):

>> https://github.com/WarPie/SCAR-RML/archive/master.zip

It cointains it's own algorithm for uptext, and my whole SCARExt. RML might not be as complete as MSSL RS07 library, tho I can promise that most of it's functions are a lot quicker. I don't have any documentation or so, but if you are good at digging in to the source code you should be able to use it! :)

Edited by slacky

It cointains it's own algorithm for uptext, and my whole SCARExt.

I might have a look at this myself. SCAR's OCR produces okay results at best with the variable spacing employed by RS3's menus. Been toying with the idea of writing my own to OCR it properly but why bother is someone else has something better already working that can be adapted.

I might have a look at this myself. SCAR's OCR produces okay results at best with the variable spacing employed by RS3's menus. Been toying with the idea of writing my own to OCR it properly but why bother is someone else has something better already working that can be adapted.

SCAR does not contain rs_GetTextAt anymore (was removed in 3.4 Final if I am not mistaking), this is why I had to make my own thingy to solve it, it's only for RS(07) UpText as that requires special handling due to the mixture of colors. Mine is not better, it's pretty much the same tho a bit faster. The source for the my SCAR-version is not available anywhere, only the version I wrote for Simba is available (which is the same, only written in Lazarus).

Edited by slacky