Wanted

OSI 2 Core and Repo online

https://github.com/OfficialSCARInclude/OSI2/commit/e78f4489cafb90710706ff5b7e5b69123a5b0fb0'>https://github.com/OfficialSCARInclude/OSI2/commit/e78f4489cafb90710706ff5b7e5b69123a5b0fb0

You'll find our new organization on github https://github.com/OfficialSCARInclude

Containing OSI2's git repo https://github.com/OfficialSCARInclude/OSI2

The SVN repo is located at http://svn.scar-divi.com/osi2 and should appear soon in the includes manager as OSI 'ver 2' and the old OSI 1 (if it's a conflict) will be changed to OSI1 once Freddy gets around to doing that.

This very raw and early release of OSI 2 is meant to encourage more development now that the Divi structuing and coding is mostly done and RS07 structure is ready people can begin contributing and developers pulling your requests etc. It's also so I can keep everyone up to date with the latest on RS07 include functions to be tested etc. consider this a RS07 beta. RS2 will be put on complete hold right now as it's entire folder has been replaced with a placeholder.

OSI 2 currently requires the latest SCAR 3.38 with no intention with compatibility with anything else including older versions of SCAR. This will continue into SCAR 4 dropping SCAR 3 support.

As you can see there has been a massive restructure and coding:

\OSI\

OSI.scar - pulls it all together.

Compile-OSI.scar - for test compiling every file not automatically included

\Divi\ - Grouping all routines non-game specific

Globals.scar

\Human\ - Grouping Human imitation routines

Keyboard.scar

Mouse.scar

Timing.scar

\Misc\ - Grouping Misc routines

Debug.scar

\Pixel\ - Grouping Pixel related routines

Bitmap.scar

Color.scar

\TFunctions\ - Grouping Type/ArrayType routines

ATPA.scar

Boolean.scar

Box.scar

Conversion.scar - Converts TypeArrays/Types with other types/array levels etc.

Extended.scar - Includes math

Integer.scar - Includes math

Point.scar

String.scar

TBA.scar

TBLA.scar

TEA.scar

TIA.scar

TPA.scar

TSA.scar

TVA.scar

\RS07\ - Grouping all routines RS07 specific

\Anti-Randoms\ - Grouping anti-random routines

Abyssal.scar

Anti-Randoms.scar

Box.scar

Capn-Arnav.scar

Certer.scar

Demon.scar

Evil-Bob.scar

Forester.scar

Frog.scar

Leo.scar

Maze.scar

Mime.scar

Mordaut.scar

Pinball.scar

Prison-Pete.scar

Quiz.scar

Sandwich.scar

\Database\ - Grouping resources

\Box\ - Box resources

...each randoms file

\Core\ - Grouping automatically used needed routines

Bank.scar

Chat.scar - Chatbox routines

Globals.scar

Login.scar

Map.scar

OCR.scar - Text recongition

Object.scar

World-Switcher.scar

Worlds.ini - Worlds info

\Game-Tabs\ - Grouping and dividing the common game tab routines (not all tabs)

Game-Tabs.scar

Tab-11Options.scar

Tab0-Combat.scar

Tab1-Stats.scar

Tab10-Log-Out.scar

Tab3-Inventory.scar

Tab4-Equipment.scar

Tab7-Clan.scar

\Misc\ - Grouping uncommonly used not automatically included routines that aren't skill specific

\Game-Tabs\- Grouping and dividing the uncommon game tab routines (not all tabs.. minus the skill specific ones.. those will be in skill files)

Tab12-Emotes.scar

Tab13-Music.scar

Tab2-Quest.scar

Tab7-Clan.scar

Tab8-Friends.scar

Tab9-Ignore.scar

\Skill\ - Grouping skill specific routines

Agility.scar

Construction.scar

Cooking.scar

Crafting.scar

Farming.scar

Fighting.scar

Firemaking.scar

Fishing.scar

Fletching.scar

Herblore.scar

Hunting.scar

Magic.scar

Mining.scar

Prayer.scar

Ranging.scar

Runecrafting.scar

Slayer.scar

Smithing.scar

Thieving.scar

Woodcutting.scar

\Database\

\Agility\

...everyskill folder

\Fonts\ - Grouping the font .bmps

\Extended\ - Grouping the uncommonly used routines specific to include files that already exist. As to not be automatically included

\RS02\ - Grouping all routines RS2 specific

Expect this to be very similar to RS07's structure

\Templates\ - Grouping OSI scripting templates

\Tools\ - Grouping useful tools for script writing

OSI compiling in 60ms for me in 3.38

A lot of good stuff coming soon

For OSI 2 credits see https://github.com/OfficialSCARInclude/OSI2/blob/master/About%20OSI2.txt

Biggest things to note right now are

Massive restructure explained above

Additions of a ton of TFunctions with new namings

New style coding option now to MMouseP(P, RX, RY) etc. MouseBoxB(B) passing the actual type... need to complete a lot of these for Color.scar etc still

Addition of RS07 and changed RS structure noted above

Credits adjustments

Organization move

New Repos

I'll have at least RS07 fonts and RS07 globals up tonight hopefully a lot more though.

This is only the beginning

Enjoy

Wanted

Edited by Wanted

Ello James,

Nice to see progress with OSI 2! :P

I will be able to help you out with it soon, infact I have been currently writing MSSL's RS07 stuff based on a lot simpler solutions, so that they will be up to OSI's cleaner standards - MSSL's standards are just way too over-complicated for most scripters (+there is a lot of stuff that isn't needed for RS07)..

What I am saying now, is that the functionality there is currently for RS07, could be built into OSI soon without so many types and other stuff that is currently used from MSSL's Core Level-3 utilities to get em work.

To make it clear: I will be releasing soon include that is optimized for RS07 purposes only, then we will see if you like the way I build it, and if you do, we can move those things directly to OSI's RS07 libraries. :)

NOTE: This new include will not use MSSL at all.

But yes, I will help you out and hopefully we will get this community back alive.

I think we can together with teamwork (as a community, not just you and me) get the scripting development rise to a totally new level!

Regards,

-Jani

Ello James,

Nice to see progress with OSI 2! :P

I will be able to help you out with it soon, infact I have been currently writing MSSL's RS07 stuff based on a lot simpler solutions, so that they will be up to OSI's cleaner standards - MSSL's standards are just way too over-complicated for most scripters (+there is a lot of stuff that isn't needed for RS07)..

What I am saying now, is that the functionality there is currently for RS07, could be built into OSI soon without so many types and other stuff that is currently used from MSSL's Core Level-3 utilities to get em work.

To make it clear: I will be releasing soon include that is optimized for RS07 purposes only, then we will see if you like the way I build it, and if you do, we can move those things directly to OSI's RS07 libraries. :)

NOTE: This new include will not use MSSL at all.

But yes, I will help you out and hopefully we will get this community back alive.

I think we can together with teamwork (as a community, not just you and me) get the scripting development rise to a totally new level!

Regards,

-Jani

While I was gone Jashin was moving a lot of functions from MSSL into OSI. I've been spending the past week sorting out which ones I find commonly enough used and moving in ones he missed. Organizing, renaming, adjusting some standards and other little things. Your name already appears in OSI nearly 200 times. I guess I'll just continue to take whatever information/snippets etc from your work and credit you where properly. I added you to my developer group on github so you do have push/pull access.

I was hoping some point you drop your personal includes or just keep using it as an OSI extension like ?GMRL? it only makes sense. Runescape includes will eventually mainly be defined by how good their anti-randoms are and that's not something you can solve very easily on your own.

Looking forward to your contributions

Edited by Wanted

While I was gone Jashin was moving a lot of functions from MSSL into OSI. I've been spending the past week sorting out which ones I find commonly enough used and moving in ones he missed. Organizing, renaming, adjusting some standards and other little things. Your name already appears in OSI nearly 200 times. I guess I'll just continue to take whatever information/snippets etc from your work and credit you where properly. I added you to my developer group on github so you do have push/pull access.

I was hoping some point you drop your personal includes or just keep using it as an OSI extension like ?GMRL? it only makes sense. Runescape includes will eventually mainly be defined by how good their anti-randoms are and that's not something you can solve very easily on your own.

Looking forward to your contributions

Yeah you can take (and improve) anything you need, want or can.. :P I am just happy to see that the useful commands are being used!

I do see what you mean, there is indeed a lot of stuff that individual scripter simply can't write themself - like those antirandom things you mentioned about.. But I am hoping to help you out as much as I can with this project.

I already committed first version of RS07 stuff without MSSL - here it is: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/RS07Lib/trunk/ (Freddy will push this to Includes Manager in a day or couple).

So, it will be a lot easier for you to take stuff to OSI from this one, because of the fact that it is an independent include, without those heavy ties for MSSL.

All the functionality is still there, things work just the same way as before (with an exception of mouse stuff, but I am pretty sure you will use OSI's mouse stuff anyways, because you have got a lot more humanlike methods!)

I still had to keep some types in there, but all the MSSL's type things are gone (like MSSL's Level-3 box grid things are replaced with TBoxArray now).

Regards,

-Jani

Yeah you can take (and improve) anything you need, want or can.. :P I am just happy to see that the useful commands are being used!

I do see what you mean, there is indeed a lot of stuff that individual scripter simply can't write themself - like those antirandom things you mentioned about.. But I am hoping to help you out as much as I can with this project.

I already committed first version of RS07 stuff without MSSL - here it is: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/RS07Lib/trunk/ (Freddy will push this to Includes Manager in a day or couple).

So, it will be a lot easier for you to take stuff to OSI from this one, because of the fact that it is an independent include, without those heavy ties for MSSL.

All the functionality is still there, things work just the same way as before (with an exception of mouse stuff, but I am pretty sure you will use OSI's mouse stuff anyways, because you have got a lot more humanlike methods!)

I still had to keep some types in there, but all the MSSL's type things are gone (like MSSL's Level-3 box grid things are replaced with TBoxArray now).

Regards,

-Jani

Mouse and keyboard is now all within SCAR itself. I guess Mouse has the added OSI variance.

As far as RS goes mainly making sure I didn't miss anything, looking for color/border values. I'll give your repo a look.