Bixby Sayz

Name That Font (RS2)

As you may have guessed I've been playing around with a custom font (I know, you are totally surprised by this news).

It is the font used by the Skill Guide that pops up when you click on a skill. It is also used to display the Npc names in dialogs. (See attached screenshot; items circled in red are all the same font). I have it working 100% with most of the characters. The only thing missing is a few punctuation symbols that don't appear to be used anywhere in the game.

What I don't have is a name for the character set. I was thinking GuideChars or SkillGuideChars or I dunno...

Edit: After much debate I created the font with 1 blank pixel to the right and bottom. Originally I omitted that so you would have to search with a spacing of 1 to find the text. But this makes a mess when you call LoadTextTPA: it crams the characters together so I added the space. So searching with a spacing of 0 will find the text because the 1 spacing is already included.

And Freddy: According the (admittedly lacking) guide linked to in the other thread it mentioned you had to add a red shadow to font for it to work with SCAR, and I see OSI's fonts do this? I did not do this and yet it finds the text just fine (even though it does in fact have a shadow in the skill guide, but not in the Npc chat).

UnnamedFont2.jpg

Edited by Bixby Sayz