Bixby Sayz

Someone wanna run through Git usage?

Someone want to explain Git and its push/pull/dance a confused jig mechanism to me, or come on irc/msn/skype and walk me through it?

What I want to do:

- Make changes to a local copy of OSI and somehow submit/request to submit changes.

- Have a separate copy that I can make a ton of changes to.

I've used SmartGit to Clone the OSI repository. And that is as far as I got so far.

The easiest way imo to work on OSI is to get a GitHub account and get the GitHub Windows application, it manages Git for GitHub better than any other application. TortoiseGit si also pretty good, but I'd recommend the GitHub app first.

On GitHub, logged into your account, go to the OSI repository and press Fork. You will get a fork of the repository linked to your account. Then you can create a local clone with the GitHub application on your machine. You then work on the files in that local copy.

To commit the changes, simply open the repository in the GitHub application, they will show up nicely under uncommitted changes or w/e, you can't miss it. You then enter a commit message and press the commit button. After that you have created a local commit and you press Sync on the top of the application to push the changes to your fork on GitHub. Then, once there, you can click Pull request (or womething similar) on the page for your fork, and request the main repository to pull your changes.

Sounds pretty straight forward. But I also want an unrelated (to my forked copy) branch to try out some more drastic changes. So I would fork it twice???

No, you can commit changes directly to the main repository + create a fork on your account for your experiments. The main repository should show up in the OSI1 organisation, which will be in a tab on the left of the application, under your own account. You might have to rename your form to avoid conflicts on your machine though. You can rename the fork in the fork's settings on GitHub. (Make sure you rename the fork and not the main repository though =P)

On a note, it looks like you probably have commit access to the main OSI repository, so you don't need to fork/request pull, you can push directly to the main repository.

TRIPLE POST!

A FIRST!

If Bixby has commit access why isn't he an OSI Dev then? Go make him one! He deserves as much hes helped enough with it.

:P

also guys, check out the site now: http://rs2bots.tk

Its so much sexier now, and we never ported over your accounts so you get to make new ones :D.

I could make you a developer on there bixby lol.

Edited by LordJashin

If Bixby has commit access why isn't he an OSI Dev then? Go make him one! He deserves as much hes helped enough with it.

I'm also not an OSI developer and Wanted decides who can or can't be a developer, he's in charge of OSI + it's up to Bixby to apply to become one if he wishes to.

I'll just create a local branch off my forked copy for my "playing".

I don't want to put any changes directly to OSI. I have a few minor changes I'd like someone (Freddy) to look at and decide whether to incorporate.

Well, you can send in pull request if you want the changes being looked over before they are pushed onto the main repository.

I'm also not an OSI developer and Wanted decides who can or can't be a developer, he's in charge of OSI + it's up to Bixby to apply to become one if he wishes to.

Well, you can send in pull request if you want the changes being looked over before they are pushed onto the main repository.

Technically you are an OSI Dev because you have commit access. I view it as whoever has commit access is a developer because they can make edits to the whole thing while contributors can't (pull requests tho).

So you are an OSI Developer in my opinion Freddy. Thanks for making this thread though Bixby because I had no idea how github worked either. Its nice to know there's an application for it.

Thank you Freddy for explaining it too :D

EDIT: How did you post those images so fast!

Technically you are an OSI Dev because you have commit access. I view it as whoever has commit access is a developer because they can make edits to the whole thing while contributors can't (pull requests tho).

There's several people with commit access that aren't developers, that doesn't make them developers, that's why there's contributors.

How did you post those images so fast!

SCAR screenshot function

Well the god lordjashin in the manga is immortal so its all good.

Are you saying that people that do understand everything about OSI, and are good at making approved commits aren't developers? I mean you yourself developed the thing with Wanted...idk I guess Wanted gets to choose but techincally YOU HELPED DEVELOP it lols.

Also Freddy, why doesn't this register CTRL+A as a dang hotkey in delphi :(

[sCAR]RegisterHotKey(TPAGodForm.Handle, 1, MOD_CONTROL, 41);[/sCAR]

[sCAR]

procedure TTPAGodForm.WMHotkey(var msg: TWMHotkey);

begin

TPList.SelectAll;

ShowMessage('boom');

end;

[/sCAR]

This works though:

[sCAR]

RegisterHotKey(TPAGodForm.Handle, 1, MOD_CONTROL, VK_F1);