shadowrecon

Scar OCR

Okay so last night i spent hours trying to make a font for RS2. I would like to know how should each letter look? I mean how much black space does there need to be? Ive tried making them with all even back ive tried making them with on back on left 1 space on right on space on top and bottom ect. Ive also tried making them bigger and smaller. I always made them the same size and when i used createbmpfromtext the font was perfectly level and looked identical to the text i was trying to find. I actually managed to find the bitmap perfectly. but the ocr system would only read 1 or 2 letters of the whole word...

Heres some of the letters i made NPCChat

What am i doing wrong this is driving me crazy! The letters that didnt work were X and U

Edited by shadowrecon

@Freddy

Can you tell us what the source code is for GetTextAt. If not, how does it work exactly. I'm pretty sure that it uses some form of Bitmap finding using the font's bitmaps. Maybe like a FindBitmapTol. How does all the spacing work out when its finding each letters bitmap. Or maybe it uses TPA's like SRL/SIMBA's does.

We searched and could not find much information on this topic. We followed examples, and OSI's.

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60451

Might try making a new OCR system too. Some good ideas from all the searching.

Edited by LordJashin

Okay so after some long hours of messing with making the fonts, i finally managed to make them work correctly. My problem was with the GetTextAtEx function. I had my min space set to zero and max space set to 50. I changed maximum space to 1 and fixed my issue. 10 + hours of messing around with this and that was my problem. Wish there was more documentation on the OCR system.

Okay so after some long hours of messing with making the fonts, i finally managed to make them work correctly. My problem was with the GetTextAtEx function. I had my min space set to zero and max space set to 50. I changed maximum space to 1 and fixed my issue. 10 + hours of messing around with this and that was my problem. Wish there was more documentation on the OCR system.

http://scar-divi.com/oldmanual/

CTRL + F gettextatex