nemolorn

Autochanging Window Title problem

I have a window I'm trying to catch for my active client that changes it's Window Title about every 3-5 minutes. I can guess what it's going to change to, but when I try use FindwindowPart('Example',false) Scar will "find the window" but set something else as the active client that isn't even on my screen (0,0 on my desktop is now -32000,-48000). My best guess is that because the window has the same TargetDC and Handle it's not wanting to accept a new window title?

A functional example would be Meebo or Facebook Chat, when you receive a message while that window isn't "active", the window title will blink that you have a message.

Did you try using ActivateClient; before and after the title change? Try to see if the same window is selected after window title change. I think there is a way to grab the client's title or/and set the title.

Also make sure the case sensitive thing isn't causing problems, and that all the FindWindowTitlePart's in your script work individually, maybe one of them is the cause.

Post the script maybe aswell.

Edited by LordJashin

The First 3 characters of the Window remain static 1 out of 5 changes.

When I use the Activate Client Before or After the title change, it runs telling me it found the window I am looking for, Scar "finds" it, but it activates something off my screen, again, setting the 0,0 position of my desktop to -32000, -48000.

Due to the nature of the Script and some custom includes needed to run it properly, I'd be willing to send it privately, but it includes some information I'd rather not post in full until I can strip out some of the more sensitive lines.

*Script is currently set to run on Windows(xp or better) with Firefox ver 13+(Should work on ver 11.x.x or better, Chrome or IE, haven't tested yet.).

It has a bandwidth limit that makes it difficult to test for long periods of time. There server has about a 50mb per 6 hour per IP tethering cap, and opening the test page is 4mb.

Putting together a instruction and downloads page and i'll send it to you guys in just a wee bit