Markhor

General questions, is SCAR right for my intended purpose?

Firstly, I hope this isn't considered illegal, but it could be(depends on definition).

I would like to know if SCAR Divi is right for my intended purpose: I would like to use it to make a personal bot, for a..certain unnamed site for a certain CAPTCHA purpose. No names, but it uses a captcha system for traffic exchange, but, the "captcha" if it's even that is just image matching. It will display two of the same, nearly identical image, but one will be faded, or colored, or rotated so it's not identical. Now, I remember SCAR back in the day of RS botting, when that was major before they changed the ore veins' looks, so that's why I have returned.

I can probably do this, but, is this too complicated? Is SCAR right, or should I look for something else..? It'll be mostly for personal usage as well.

edit: I'm guessing general usage would be to look at "blocks" or areas of color and try to match it, with rotation involved. I'm betting there's an easy way to do this :/

Edited by Markhor

I'm sure it's possible. If you're really planning on making a CAPTCHA solver and are here on these forums asking us if SCAR is right for the job then you're probably inexperienced and this is a good place to begin with.

Right. And I don't have much experience with SCAR's syntax, either, so that'll be a slight curve. I've done C and C++, but not this.

So it is possible to try to find a "close" match from one image to another, even if the second is rotated, faded, or somehow altered. Good news, I'm in the right place.

edit: i've been looking at the captcha..and only a small part needs to be tolerantly matched. the icons are always very different from each other, so..

what do i do? there's 5 there, 2 are similar..so just split it off for 5 checks, let it see how close it is from first to others..go through the list?

I got 20-40 seconds for calculation per page, so that's plenty..might as well dig in then.

edit 2: just found out that there is word math O_o this'll be tough now.

Edited by Markhor