Bixby Sayz

Detect level up popup

Never before has it truly felt like the beginning of the end for RS. There have always been doomsayers for every update but this feels different.

The entire game/company is now focused squarely on making money and they make no attempt to hide it. Every game update comes with a tie in to get players to go members. There are blatant in game ads for upgrading and the new members tutorial feels more like indoctrination then an intro: "Members is great! You must buy members or you won't enjoy the game. Buy! Buy! Buy!" Add in the paying real money for squeal of fortune and the insanely easy leveling up in the new members tutorial areas, and things will never be the same.

The old runescape is most definitely dead and gone for good.

Agree with you totally, I did some research a few months ago and its because this new guy owns 51+% of Jagex.

Back on topic, are you trying to get the number thats displayed or just recognition that its there?

sidenote:

I think all of these damn add thats popup are jagex's antibot devise. lol

Just trying to detect it is there (and wait for it to go away). Been messing up my scripts big time.

I have something already. Just need to test it a bit before sharing.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Try this on for size. FYI, member skills have a pulsating gold border, non member skills have a pulsating silver border.

[sCAR]{=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

function FindLevelUpPopup(WaitTilGone: Boolean): Boolean;

Contributors: Bixby Sayz

Description: Finds "Level Up" popup and optionally waits until gone. Returns

true on popup found.

Date Created: May 1st, 2011. By Bixby Sayz. RS2 Build 713.

Last Modification: May 1st, 2011. By Bixby Sayz. RS2 Build 713.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=}

var

T: Integer; // Time counter.

begin

// Determine if level up popup on screen.

Result := (CountColorTolerance(1906964, 215, MSY1, 328, 25, 5) > 400);

// Wait for it to go away.

if Result and WaitTilGone then

begin

T := GetSystemTime + RR(25000, 30000);

repeat

WaitRR(75, 100);

// Failsafe in case background causes false positive.

if (GetSystemTime > T) then

Break;

until (CountColorTolerance(1906964, 215, MSY1, 328, 25, 5) < 400);

end;

end;[/sCAR]

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Just trying to detect it is there (and wait for it to go away). Been messing up my scripts big time.

I have something already. Just need to test it a bit before sharing.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Try this on for size. FYI, member skills have a pulsating gold border, non member skills have a pulsating silver border.

[sCAR]{=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Contributors: Bixby Sayz

Description: Finds "Level Up" popup and optionally waits until gone. Returns

true on popup found.

Date Created: May 1st, 2011. By Bixby Sayz. RS2 Build 713.

Last Modification: May 1st, 2011. By Bixby Sayz. RS2 Build 713.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=}

var

T: Integer; // Time counter.

begin

// Determine if level up popup on screen.

Result := (CountColorTolerance(1906964, 215, MSY1, 328, 25, 5) > 400);

// Wait for it to go away.

if Result and WaitTilGone then

begin

T := GetSystemTime + RR(25000, 30000);

repeat

WaitRR(75, 100);

// Failsafe in case background causes false positive.

if (GetSystemTime > T) then

Break;

until (CountColorTolerance(1906964, 215, MSY1, 328, 25, 5) < 400);

end;

end;[/sCAR]

That looks like it would work, but never tested it. But um, do you mind if i ask: What bot are you currently working on?

That looks like it would work, but never tested it. But um, do you mind if i ask: What bot are you currently working on?
If someone wanted to add that to their scripts and test it that would be cool. Only tested it on agility and prayer so far.

Currently working on a Burthorpe Agility Course runner, which has been threatening to defeat me: Everything is basically the same color and the obstacles are so close together the search areas overlap. Add in the level popups (solved) and it was driving me insane. Got it running fairly smoothly now. Just needs some polishing/adding stats/etc.

If you really want a 100% working method for it, you could make it detect the text and checking if it's not null, but it takes way more time than the method you use ^^
Yeah considered adding that in there, but I wanted something quick as this is 1 of 5 checks to be run fairly often to get rid of in game ads/popups.

This is still a work in progress. Seems to work fine with member level ups, but not with non member level ups. Need to test/tweak it some more.

Lol I do that all the time, then I read the date on the post. I would up coming up with something (think I posted an early sort of working version on here somewhere). Added a routine to find and wait for popup to go away in my Burthorpe Agility Runner (DimissPopups function). Does a bunch of other neat stuff too like get rid of squeal of fortune icon, etc.