Psychonaut

Quick Question.

Thanks for the quick response Freddy, havent seen you in years. But just so im clear, Object pascal is an extenstion to Pascal... is it like FreePascal or Turbo pascal? Thanks again , I appreciate you.

Edit: Anything to do with Lape? Im just trying to get the best approach of learning what scar wants.

Edited by Psychonaut
FoRGOT

Every form of Pascal is very similar to one another... Object Pascal was developed with object oriented programming in mind.

Not sure what you mean with "Anything to do with Lape?". The lape engine is not implemented in SCAR and is still under development, in my opinion, not quite ready to be deployed outside of testing environments as it still lacks many debugging features and such... I also have nothing to do with the development of the engine, if that's what you were implying...

Freddy, every variant includes some features and omits others. I think he is trying to figure out what variant of Pascal/Object Pascal you are using so he has an idea of what is included in this particular version of the language, and what is not.

It can be a bit tricky figuring out if a function that is implemented in another variant is implemented in SCAR sometimes.

Freddy, every variant includes some features and omits others. I think he is trying to figure out what variant of Pascal/Object Pascal you are using so he has an idea of what is included in this particular version of the language, and what is not.

It can be a bit tricky figuring out if a function that is implemented in another variant is implemented in SCAR sometimes.

How is it tricky? The syntax should always be the same... It's fairly obvious when it doesn't work?

In any case, it's rather pointless for me to start summing up every language feature as I'd certainly miss several anyway...

There's a short (and incomplete) featurelist on the engine's page here: http://www.remobjects.com/ps.aspx

However, SCAR does implement a custom preprocessor which adds some additional compiler directives, such as $HINT, $WARNING, $ERROR and more...

The main thing to remember is that SCAR currently does not support user-defined classes/interfaces, pointers, threading, overloading or more "modern" language features like generics, anonymous methods, ...

EDIT: When I say the syntax should be the same, I'm referring to classic pascal implementations, not modern flavors like Delphi Prism or DWS...

Edited by Freddy

Yep bixby nailed it, thats exactley what im afte, Thank you.

Thank you Freddy you have cleared quite abit of what I was asking, Ill snoop around and see if I can figure out the rest with the info you have provided.