shadowrecon

Scar wont install properly

I know this should be in bug tracker but didnt feel like setting up a user name and verifying it and ect. but i was trying to help a friend download and install scar,

and when he went to install it it got the error ' files could not be downloaded' so i proceeded to turn off antivirus, turn off fire wall thinking one of those could be blocking the connection, then it still gave the same error, what is the way around this?

Thats what i was thinking, but i got on teamviewer turned off firewalls, and antivirus with no luck, there wasnt even any error with windows saying outgoing connection or anything. sorry for not posting this within the bug tracker but was looking for a quick response last night to maybe a simple problem, but what im guessing is hes in a college dorm, so it may be something with the colleges main firewall blocking that ip. is there any other way around this? maybe taking a install from another computer or something?

So far I've had one other person reporting this problem, I'm looking in to it, but it's a user-side problem for sure, why exactly this is happening I'm not sure. So far I haven't found a viable solution to get around it though...

EDIT: Actually, right after posting that I found a fix for the issue, I'll upload new setup files in a few minutes that should allow you to get past the problem with ease.

Edited by Freddy