FHannes

Samples

Newer (MAIN) plugins aren't that bad once I added some comments to Freddy's code so I could follow along and rearranged things a bit internally. COMMENTS PEOPLE! COMMENTS!!! (I sound like a broken record)

I am curious why he chose to implement his function list as a constant rather than stuff it in a variable. My version does that: took me a while though to remember/figure out how to bulk load an array of records. Plus I think my install of Rad Studio XE2 was a bit wonky. Reinstalled into a clean virtual machine and seems to be working better now.

Oh, and grats on the 1K posts.

Awesome you got it working, and added comments. If you would please, post it here, so if I ever want to attempt main architecture I can use yours as a template :)

Thanks.

p.s. Hows work been?

Awesome you got it working, and added comments. If you would please, post it here, so if I ever want to attempt main architecture I can use yours as a template :)

Thanks.

p.s. Hows work been?

Just let me clean it up a bit for general consumption. I'm using 2 files (because I was thinking ahead to when I want to write something more complicated that requires multiple files; feel free to rejoin them into one).

And work is nuts, plus a lot of crazy bs going on at work right now. Nothing like several conflicting restructurings going on simultaneously piled on top of a move to a new building to make life fun and exciting.

SCARPlugin.zip

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Just let me clean it up a bit for general consumption. I'm using 2 files (because I was thinking ahead to when I want to write something more complicated that requires multiple files; feel free to rejoin them into one).

And work is nuts, plus a lot of crazy bs going on at work right now. Nothing like several conflicting restructurings going on simultaneously piled on top of a move to a new building to make life fun and exciting.

Thanks!

Innovation is the key to success.

Now let me ask you an awesome question. Do you still get lots of time to fool around at work? e.g. do some SCAR coding, or w/e

I am curious why he chose to implement his function list as a constant rather than stuff it in a variable.

I don't know why I do a lot of things :P But I'll look into rewriting the samples in a few days. I'll also take your new example into consideration. Thanks for having a close look at it. The system does work, but it's rather complex and hard to get used to.

The main plugin architecture was introduced in SCAR Divi 3.35 and Legacy will (should) work in all versions 3.25 and above.
In reality Legacy seems to require 3.30+. At least the sample project when compiled with RAD Studio XE2 will only work with 3.30+ for me. Likely not a big deal since everyone is (should) be using something newer than that.