Turbine1991

Moving mouse in games like first person shooters

I feel like a bit of a doofus posting a day after my previous, but I've not been able to figure this one out.

With games like Skyrim and first person shooters the mouse resets position to the centre of the screen. When changing position using SCAR, the game does not pick up the input. These kinds of games have been out for quite some time, I'm wondering if there's any way around this or a way to make it actually recognize any change in the mouse position without physically moving the mouse myself.

I've tried searching the forum to no avail, thanks.

Well I have skyrim. And the problem is. You can't see where SCAR moves the mouse to. I assume this is because skyrim has its own cursor it uses? But the script works none the less. You need to run skyrim in Windowed mode. Then just run the script here and it should left click (50, 50) every 5 seconds or so....forever

To stop the script...just hit Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Then press Ctrl+Alt+S to stop the SCAR Script (default hotkey can be used when in your windows os for SCAR).

[scar]

program New;

{$I OSI/OSI.scar}

var

SkyrimWindow: TSCARWindowClient;

begin

SkyrimWindow := TSCARWindowClient.Create(FindWindowEx('Skyrim', false, true));

SetClient(SkyrimWindow);

GetClient.Activate;

repeat

MoveMouse(50, 50);

ClickMouse(50, 50, mbLeft);

wait(5000);

until false;

end.

[/scar]

What shooting games?

Did you try the script I posted...with Skyrim game?

I can help you tons if you give me a picture of your screen. (e.g. tools->save screenshot) then go to screenshot folder with tools->explore. Then upload the file to here.

Make sure the game isn't FULL SCREEN. Its harder to work with that...

Try using the VK_ constants for mouse clicking too if you want...

I can't get it to move the crosshair or w/e....idk how you would fix this either.

Edited by LordJashin

I tried the example, hmm it wouldn't move the mouse let alone click. (although when I was in mouse mode it worked)

Probably a limitation of SCAR's implementation of these kinds of macros, I just tried a random macro recorder and it recorded and played these inputs fine. However I need the power of SCAR.