Janilabo

[Project RSC] AFK

When I run this script it just plays a siren (nobody is around) and keeps checking strength xp and prints xp gained in scar (which is 0)... I've tried running the script logged in and logged out. I've correctly added my username and password into the script. Oh, and i'm using the latest 3.37.02 and have not altered the code in anyway. Advice?

When I run this script it just plays a siren (nobody is around) and keeps checking strength xp and prints xp gained in scar (which is 0)... I've tried running the script logged in and logged out. I've correctly added my username and password into the script. Oh, and i'm using the latest 3.37.02 and have not altered the code in anyway. Advice?
Hello meigh, what is the error that you get with alarm (there is a reason printed to Debug box)?

Edit: Did you move your mouse while the script was running? That could be 1 reason why it fails..

Are you running latest version of this script? 1.04?

Edited by Janilabo

I think the alarm for players around you is not needed with this script. I think the alarm for staff talking should still be there, but not when players are around you. A lot of afk spots have multiple people. I can't think of anywhere I would afk that there wouldn't be other people afking there. I don't know if everyone feels the same way about this, but I'm interested to know.

Also, the alarm was just added whenever the fight mode was fixed. I didn't have an alarm going off before you updated the script to fix the fight modes.

I think the alarm for players around you is not needed with this script. I think the alarm for staff talking should still be there, but not when players are around you. A lot of afk spots have multiple people. I can't think of anywhere I would afk that there wouldn't be other people afking there. I don't know if everyone feels the same way about this, but I'm interested to know.

Also, the alarm was just added whenever the fight mode was fixed. I didn't have an alarm going off before you updated the script to fix the fight modes.

Alarm is good to have if you train at wilderness (rats, hobgoblins, ghosts, zombies).. :)

..and remember, it can be always disabled, as it is optional:

PLAYER_DETECTION = True; // Use player detection? (Minimap player watcher)

That means you don't have to use it, if you don't need it. :P

Hello meigh, what is the error that you get with alarm (there is a reason printed to Debug box)?

Edit: Did you move your mouse while the script was running? That could be 1 reason why it fails..

There was no error in the debug box.

I did not move the mouse(it occurs instantly)

I'm using the latest 1.04 version of the script.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no error in the debug box.

I did not move the mouse(it occurs instantly)

I'm using the latest 1.04 version of the script.

Have you tried the script with PLAYER_DETECTION = False?

Also, make sure you aren't using F1 mode in PRSC. :)

Yes, I set it to false and strangely enough it does the exact same thing. I thought the sirens would've been off at least but nope.

I never use f1 mode in rs...

Thinking about uninstalling scar and reinstalling it?

Yes, I set it to false and strangely enough it does the exact same thing. I thought the sirens would've been off at least but nope.

I never use f1 mode in rs...

Thinking about uninstalling scar and reinstalling it?

Strange stuff.

Whats your OS? Windows XP/Vista/7?

You could try reinstalling SCAR yeah, but.. I really doubt thats the problem. :(

You use webclient, correct? Have you tried different browsers? Make sure Java is up to date aswell. :)

You can try doing this, to see whats wrong:

Go to line 225 in script and comment it out.

Make it look like this:

// UpdateProgress;

So, add those '/' brackets before the UpdateProgress;. Then try running the script again, and check out what's printed in Debug box.

-Jani

Edited by Janilabo

Using windows 7, using webclient, Chrome only(other scripts work fine), Java is up to date and i've commenting that out only stops the script from printing the exp to the debug box and instead it gives me the following:

*** [23:58:40(:703)] Massive SCAR Scripting Library v0.99-19 Beta [project "Mee-mo!"] STARTED - process took 1373 msec! ***
[MSSL Warning - 29/11/2012 ~ 23:58:41(:078)]: LOW HP!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, after changing the setting of LOWHP = 30 to 5 (as i'm on a level 3 account testing it) the siren is no longer going off for LOWHP although the script doesn't do anything but check skill tab? is this script supposed to train on npc's without working in junction with another script? (e.g. a multifighter script)

Debug messages that I get when trying to run the script from the logged out state with username and password entered within script(redownloaded the script too):

*** [00:14:58(:200)] Massive SCAR Scripting Library v0.99-19 Beta [project "Mee-mo!"] STARTED - process took 1186 msec! ***
[MSSL Terminate - 30/11/2012 ~ 00:14:58(:204)]: Please login before running this script!
*** [00:14:58(:208)] Massive SCAR Scripting Library v0.99-19 Beta [project "Mee-mo!"] STOPPED - process took 0 msec! ***
Stopped execution (1211.9422 ms)

Edited by meigh

Yeah the whole point of this script is to stay "AFK" for other players, meaning it still keeps looking for HP, login state (and it will relogin, if you set it to do so), staff members and even other players if you use PLAYER_DETECTION..

So, it looks like you are AFK for everyone else, even though you aren't. :)

About the Login error, I am sorry, I forgot to add the support for this to start from Login screen. I'll do it for next version (that will be out soon)!

But yeah, right now it only supports starting as logged in (it only needs that for getting the start XP, so it will keep relogging if you set it to do so).

-Jani

I noticed one flaw or deficiency in this script today. I you afk in wilderness and somebody happens to attack you and you die, your char keeps loging in, in lumby til you stop the script. So could you add the idle time to this script also, so if nothing happens it stops the script or something. Otherwise excellent job Jani!

I noticed one flaw or deficiency in this script today. I you afk in wilderness and somebody happens to attack you and you die, your char keeps loging in, in lumby til you stop the script. So could you add the idle time to this script also, so if nothing happens it stops the script or something. Otherwise excellent job Jani!
Thanks a lot mate, I can do that yeah. Good catch! :)

I'll add it in next version!

Been a little busy lately with MSSL updating.. :P I am almost done with updates though, so I will then have more time for scripts.

Cheers,

-Jani