FHannes

Notification of breaking changes [3.35]

I'd like to take this opportunity to notify everyone that SCAR Divi 3.35 will feature several major breaking changes. For the first time in ages I'll be making some serious to the API, mainly the client and input API. Most scripts written with 3.34 or older will NOT compile in 3.35.

Once 3.35 is available, you will be able to make scripts compatible with it, while remaining backwards compatible, by implementing compiler directives {$IFDEF SCAR335_UP}...{$ELSE}...{$ENDIF}.

Because of the scale of the changes in 3.35, I have not yet been able to produce a working copy to release as an Alpha version, so the prerelease versions may be somewhat delayed.

Great news, Freddy! Thanks for the info.

Very happy to see/hear the project is progressing.

..and sooooo damn excited about v3.35 changes, looking forward to the release in future!

I am especially happy about the new client API stuff. :P

-Jani

Freddy's fun with the internals starts now! The GUI for SCAR Divi already looks great! My advice would be to separate/change the main file you have into many files because I heard it is like 10k lines of code.

Heh, you heard wrong, SCAR's main form unit is just under 2500 lines and SCAR is built up out of over 100 units that aren't 3rd party ;)

Edited by Freddy

Heh, you heard wrong, SCAR's main form unit is just under 2500 lines and SCAR is built up out of over 100 units that aren't 3rd party ;)

Arent there those vcl controls that you got that are third party? 100 units sounds like a party! What is the big secret your keeping Freddy?

...What are these...major breakages? Clash of the Titan?

I'll try to upload a pre-alpha as soon as everything actually compiles again, but due to the scope of the changes, pretty much the entire api doesn't compile right now. Rather than implementing the new system into the old code i've decided to rewrite a lot of routines though. Most findbitmap methods which hadn't been upgraded yet for example, will likely be replaced.