FHannes

SCAR Divi 3.34 Alpha

As usual, following a final release, here's the first new alpha build of the next version!

Regular: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar/

Portable: http://svn.scar-divi.com/scar_portable/

Setup instructions: http://forums.scar-divi.com/showthread.php?505-Downloading-SCAR-Divi-Prerelease

Changelog:

Bugfixes:
- TPAUnique and TIAUnique didn't always return a unique array

Tweaks:
- TPAAppend now returns the index of the appended element
- TIAAppend now returns the index of the appended element
- RewriteFile, AppendFile and OpenFile now throw an error when a file can't be accessed
- SCAR now always uses a dot as decimal separator rather than the localized one

New:
- function TPAEmpty(const TPA: TPointArray): Boolean;
- function TPAInsert(var TPA: TPointArray; const Index: Integer; const Point: TPoint): Integer;
- function TIAEmpty(const TIA: TIntArray): Boolean;
- function TIAMax(const TIA: TIntArray): Integer; (Alias for AMax)
- function TIAMaxEx(const TIA: TIntArray; out Index: Integer): Integer;
- function TIAMin(const TIA: TIntArray): Integer; (Alias for AMin)
- function TIAMinEx(const TIA: TIntArray; out Index: Integer): Integer;
- function TIAInsert(var TIA: TIntArray; const Index, Int: Integer): Integer;
- TExtArray = array of Extended; (Alias for TExtendedArray)
- function TEAEmpty(const TEA: TExtArray): Boolean;
- procedure TEAUnique(var TEA: TExtArray);
- function TEAToStr(const TEA: TIntArray): string;
- function StrToTEA(const Str: string): TExtArray;

Enjoy :)

~Freddy

Edited by Freddy

Why does SCAR flash when you first open it? Is it because it loads stuff? Just thought that was weird, I don't think the old versions do this.

They probably do... I'm not 100% sure, but it's probably because after the window is created it loads the window position and size from when you last used it and then changes it.

I was wondering why there isn't any TStringArray functions in scar :-)? They are easy to make and is used common.

If you don't have the time i was bored and made 3 of the most important:

[sCAR]procedure TSAAppend(S: String; var TSA: TStringArray);

begin

SetArrayLength(TSA, length(TSA) + 1);

TSA[high(TSA)] := S;

end;

function TSAContains(S: String; var TSA: TStringArray): Boolean;

var

i: Integer;

begin

for i := 0 to high(TSA) do begin

if TSA = S then begin

result := true;

exit;

end;

end;

end;

function TSAinTSA(TSA1, TSA2: TStringArray): Boolean;

var

i, Count: Integer;

begin

for i := 0 to high(TSA1) do begin

if TSAContains(TSA1, TSA2) then begin

inc(Count);

end;

end;

result := (Count = length(TSA1))

end;[/sCAR]

I was wondering why there isn't any TStringArray functions in scar :-)? They are easy to make and is used common.

If you don't have the time i was bored and made 3 of the most important:

[sCAR]procedure TSAAppend(S: String; var TSA: TStringArray);

begin

SetArrayLength(TSA, length(TSA) + 1);

TSA[high(TSA)] := S;

end;

function TSAContains(S: String; var TSA: TStringArray): Boolean;

var

i: Integer;

begin

for i := 0 to high(TSA) do begin

if TSA = S then begin

result := true;

exit;

end;

end;

end;

function TSAinTSA(TSA1, TSA2: TStringArray): Boolean;

var

i, Count: Integer;

begin

for i := 0 to high(TSA1) do begin

if TSAContains(TSA1, TSA2) then begin

inc(Count);

end;

end;

result := (Count = length(TSA1))

end;[/sCAR]

I'm guessing either compatibility issues, or Freddy has more important things to add to SCAR then "easy to make" TSA functions/procedures?

I'm guessing either compatibility issues, or Freddy has more important things to add to SCAR then "easy to make" TSA functions/procedures?

compatibility issues, nah as it's just a "copy" of the TIA and TPA methods. I would say they are just as important as the TIA and TPA methods

I have been wondering the same thing, sjesper.. After all, string handling is a pretty important part of scripting.. Maybe in future there will be more added? Hope so.

It might be good thing to use Mantis, and suggest those to there. :)

Anyways, back to topic;

Looks like 3.34 Alpha contains some nice additions there.

Hopefully there's going to be plenty of more in the Final version!

Good work.

-Jani

I have been wondering the same thing, sjesper.. After all, string handling is a pretty important part of scripting.. Maybe in future there will be more added? Hope so.

It might be good thing to use Mantis, and suggest those to there. :)

Anyways, back to topic;

Looks like 3.34 Alpha contains some nice additions there.

Hopefully there's going to be plenty of more in the Final version!

Good work.

-Jani

There is so many things we could add to SCAR that it should have (functions). We should start a list, first starting with your include Janilabo. All the conversion functions deemed useful for sure. TSA, TEA, etc that we don't have. Debug functions would be nice too, like the ones in OSI.

Edited by LordJashin

I'm adding more array functions in every release, but you have to consider that I also have to write documentation for each function I add, which takes time, and I also have plenty of other work that needs to be done. My point is, if you're patient, you'll get the functions you want at some point.

I'm adding more array functions in every release, but you have to consider that I also have to write documentation for each function I add, which takes time, and I also have plenty of other work that needs to be done. My point is, if you're patient, you'll get the functions you want at some point.

There isn't documentation on some things, you could add them, and then add documentation later?

Edit: Maybe we should make a thread with all the ones we want then you could add some, if you approve them.

Edited by LordJashin

There isn't documentation on some things, you could add them, and then add documentation later?

Edit: Maybe we should make a thread with all the ones we want then you could add some, if you approve them.

This isn't a discussion, I stand by my development decisions because I've got very good reasons for them. If you want to suggest functions, you're free to do so in the bugtracker, but don't clutter the forums with them please. http://bug.scar-divi.com/

Note that suggesting functions doesn't guarantee they'll be added, but unless they are rejected it's possible they will.

This isn't a discussion, I stand by my development decisions because I've got very good reasons for them. If you want to suggest functions, you're free to do so in the bugtracker, but don't clutter the forums with them please. http://bug.scar-divi.com/

Note that suggesting functions doesn't guarantee they'll be added, but unless they are rejected it's possible they will.

Sorry,

Are you sure, you want them in the bug tracker, then a nice thread listing them all? I would prefer looking at a thread, less blocky/wordy IMO.

Like a thread with a suggestion list, and then each suggestion links to the post in which it was suggested on the thread? Also I think you'd get more suggestions that way IMO.

Edited by LordJashin

Sorry,

Are you sure, you want them in the bug tracker, then a nice thread listing them all? I would prefer looking at a thread, less blocky/wordy IMO.

Like a thread with a suggestion list, and then each suggestion links to the post in which it was suggested on the thread? Also I think you'd get more suggestions that way IMO.

The bugtracker has a suggestion category, it's there for that purpose, it allows me to keep track of everything properly.

Do you have any plans for Scar Divi 4, like what would be the major addition/change? Everything looks pretty good to me, you could untie the gui from the script running but I don't see that happening with 2.5k lines on the gui pas file.

GUI wise would there be any major changes/additions?

Do you have any plans for Scar Divi 4, like what would be the major addition/change? Everything looks pretty good to me, you could untie the gui from the script running but I don't see that happening with 2.5k lines on the gui pas file.

GUI wise would there be any major changes/additions?

Atm I'm not yet unveiling any development plans for SCAR 4 just yet as they are still constantly changing and I can't say when it will actually be developed. However, many changes planned for SCAR 4 have already been moved up the stream and have already been integrated into SCAR Divi, such as the improved code editor, custom preprocessor and more. I will however divulge that SCAR 4 will probably have some major script breaking changes in regards to the API.