Bixby Sayz

Anyone try out Windows 8?

The beta, I mean consumer preview was released today. Looks a bit more polished than the earlier developer preview.

My only problem is it's appears to be infected with the Bing virus: Every time I open IE10 it opens Bing in a second tab, regardless of my settings. Talk about annoying.

Off topic: The editor doesn't support strikeout Freddy?

Have not tried it but worried that it has too much bloat in it and that it's too different from previous windows and will cause major 'problems' like vista did.

Hoping not because we the consumers are pretty much fucked into using windows for the rest of our natural born lives.

Hoping not because we the consumers are pretty much fucked into using windows for the rest of our natural born lives.
Amen.

Been trying the preview of the latest Ubuntu 12.04 as well. And once again it fails to meet my needs. Backed by a multimillionaire and they still can't come up with a decent alternative?

Haven't tried it, can't say the developer's preview gave me much hope though, though what I've seen of the consumer preview did look a lot better. Hoping to test it soon...

What im saying is revert back to windows 95 =) Someone with a little duel core and gig of ram would feel like that had a beast of a machine =p

You can easily just use the desktop....it isn't forced.
Yes, and then again no. You can change it but I found it changes back to Metro every time you login so you have to change it each time. And of course the Start Menu is no more. There is a hack to do this but I believe it's only for 32-bit systems.

Anyway, going to give the consumer preview a try in a bit, currently downloading the iso

It's exactly the same as the Developer Preview. Still no option to disable Metro - you are forced to use it, the registry hack does not work either :( They removed the start button altogether, and you have to bring your mouse all the way down to the corner and click to open up the start menu (*cough* Metro Start Menu). I haven't used it since the three hours I played around in it.

It's exactly the same as the Developer Preview. Still no option to disable Metro - you are forced to use it, the registry hack does not work either :( They removed the start button altogether, and you have to bring your mouse all the way down to the corner and click to open up the start menu (*cough* Metro Start Menu). I haven't used it since the three hours I played around in it.

Yeah, I know, sucks =/ Also didn't run very well in my VM...