Eat my SOUP

"Error starting SMART, Ensure the target page has an applet declaration"

Hi, I have been using scar for a bit and have made a few scripts of my own, but i am no way familer with OSI or SMART. Currently when i try to run any script here that involves SMART, I get this, Start>Wait>"Initating SMART Runescape Server 11 with safe mode enabled..."> Window-"Error starting SMART, Ensure the target page has an applet declaration". I have made sure that the OSI was updated and that i am running Scar 3.30. I'd like to tool around with the scripts on the forums here, and try to see how i can get acquainted with SMART and OSI. I can't find any other results to try and figure it out either. If anyone can be of assistance i'd appreciate it.

Alright so to use SMART, how exactly do i need to run it? I was under the impression i Just go from the scar script>Play> wait for smart to load? Idk, im not familer with SMART at all, I have looked on running SMART through the forums here but it doesn't quite explain unless im just not reading the right posts. So i open my browser and then Make the target client that? Please explain 'Wanted'... Sorry that i'm coming on as a newberoni, its just all the scripts i have ever made are all based through using the RS client as the target window and running the scripts from there, SMART is a very new... Addition to the SCAR scripting i am used to.

I used to get this a lot, especially with Simba. What worked for me:

Close SCAR completely. If you are having SMART issues then open Task Manager and check Scar.exe is really not running; kill it if it is.

Open Firefox/IE/whatever. Load runescape using your browser.

Wait for the login prompt. No need to actually login.

While you are there, check your graphics settings.

Close browser.

Now try script again.

If that doesn't work search out and destroy every instance of jagexcache. May be named jagexcache, jagexcache1, and so on.

If even that doesn't work then go to Control Panel->Java. On the first page near the bottom is Temporary Internet Files. Click the Settings button. On the next page click Delete Files.

If all of that doesn't work demand a refund from Jagex because your bot isn't working cuz I am out of ideas.

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Well, Updated java, Went on and set all graphic settings, deleted all temp files, Deleted all Jagex Cache files, Still no primal execution of the main objective, i have been out smarted by a simple program. I have been defeated in all aspects of a script LOL. Thanks 'Bixby' for the suggestions and help, i'll keep tooling around and try and figure this out. There may be a slight possibility that firewall is preventing it from opening? IDK like i said, gonna check other possibilities, But before i do that i want to make sure i'm actually doing what i'm supposed to when i want to open a script with SMART enabled. Maybe me misunderstanding what my directions are is the problem? This is my current Process when going to open a script With SCAR and SMART enabled: Open Scar->Open Script->Play> Script begins. Am i supposed to have a client targeted? anything that i may be missing? 'Wanted' Said that i need to open Smart in a "Normal Browser" Does that mean i'm needing to select my internet browser as the target client?

Bit of confusion on terminology going on here.

You only have to target the client if you are using a web browser or the runescape client or something else external to play. If you are using SMART the client is already "targeted". No need to do that.

Wanted should have said "load runescape in your browser". This downloads the java client (the game itself) onto your computer. Once this is done ONCE then SMART can load that same java client and away you go...except it isn't working for you. (Yes I know I'm simplifying here, give me a break guys)

The only thing you should have to do is make sure this line is not commented out at the start of your script:

{$DEFINE SMART}                   // Comment out to disable SMART

And if you are getting the applet error then you definitely are okay there because SMART is attempting to load.

The only other thing I can think of is open the Includes Manager (File->Includes Manager) and make sure OSI is current. (Should read Yes twice). If not highlight OSI and click Update.

Is this a particular script? and does it work for others?

I feel your pain. It can be a real frustration trying to get something working and nobody else is having the same problem.

Alright so after i tooled around i found that i had 4 versions of java downloaded. I uninstalled them all but the most recent, and whala! Now when i start it unstead of it telling me that smart doesn't need a Applet Declaration it tells me,"Execution Error,(File)SMART.scar(Message)Access violation at address 697c13a3 in module 'Smart.dll'. Read of address 0....." It's not any particular script, just any script dealing with SMART, I can't open. After a few times of me just spamming 'Play' it went from an Access Violation, to other Error from SMART.scar and a few others, updated my OSI and its back to the Access violation. +_+ LOL---SMART|2| Me|0|

Also its not just this script that i'm running that's doing it, any and all scripts that deal with SMART are doing the same thing. Do i need to update the SMART.scar file :eek:?

Ok, so i tried again today after i did some updates, and i kept spamming play and gave me the access violation, then after i press play again, thus playing the SMART.scar file and it gave me another error of some unidentified subjects inside of the SMART.scar file. Could i be missing something? Any further help would be appreciated. I'll continue to tool around and see if maybe some of my connection setting on my Computer is possibly blocking it? I don't know, I'll also try and run RS in the browsers again and make sure the settings are configured to par.

Edited by Eat my SOUP