Bixby Sayz

bsSuperHeater

got a new laptop yesterday it ran this bot for a good few hours but this morning it now says Error with starting SMART. Ensure applet has starting pointer, or something of the sort, I noticed its been an error before but with no solid fix.

Did you load RS in your browser first?

Some calls you can wrap in a try...except block:

try
 // Some problematic code here.
except
 // Any handling code you want, can be empty.
end;

or you can use a try...finally when you don't care about handling the error:

try
 // Some problematic code here.
finally
 // Any code here will *always* get executed regardless of error/no error.
end;

It doesn't work for everything. SMART calls aren't caught; might apply to any code inside a plugin???

The only problem with try...except and try...finally blocks are they are computationally expensive. There is a lot going on in the background to make that call work properly. Too many can slow your code to a crawl (learned that the hard way when I used to work in the field). But used sparingly in the right places can make your code much more stable.

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Had an incredible result today. Crashed because of the 6-hour timer... "FFFUUUUUU Jagex"

bsSuperHeater v1.11 (2012-01-26) by Bixby Sayz

Time Running: 05h 24m 31s

+----------------+---------------------+

| Current Player | Zezima |

| Status | Active |

| Worked | 05:24:29 |

| Banked | 637 |

| Bar | steel |

| Made | 5.733 |

| Magic Exp | 303.849 (56.184/hr) |

| Smithing Exp | 100.328 (18.551/hr) |

| Total Exp | 404.177 (74.736/hr) |

| Magic Lvls | 0 |

| Smithing Lvls | 0 |

This script works very well for me the problem however is that I get experience at a much lower rate then what I would expect. I get about 9.5 thousand smithing exp per hour and about 28 thousand magic per hour. What can I do to speed things up a little?

Hey, I've tested it and I encountered a problem with using it on the members servers, seems to be trying to click on the wrong spell. I then tried it on non-members and it's still running smoothly after an hour and a half =].

I also thought the way it withdraws the nature runes & ores is too quick, if the 3 items aren't in a cirtain position it withdraws the wrong items

Overall though it's as expected :D top draw stuff

Edited by Amberleaf

Did you set member=true in DeclarePlayers?

On a side note I realized the find and use spin ticket is checking for a double spin ticket and not a free spin ticket. Working on a fix.

Edit: You are correct. Spell slot is wrong for members. Thats what I get for testing it on my f2p char. I'll include the members fix and spin ticket fix in 2.01.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

New version 2.01 uploaded. Fixes members' spell book issue and spin ticket handling.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I also thought the way it withdraws the nature runes & ores is too quick, if the 3 items aren't in a cirtain position it withdraws the wrong items
Just noticed this bit. Any additional details? I'll try to recreate it.

Only thing I can think of is if coalbag and/or nature runes are before ores in inventory the shuffling of the inventory might not finish before it tries to get the ores. Should only happen first time if that is indeed what is going on.

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Hey, I wanted to test this one out, but I've got a few errors as well.

I have around 5 "Invalid number of parameters" compiler errors.

They have to do with experience checks and also inventory checks arising from the additional "False" parameter located in lines 1015, 1021, 1025, and 1594.

I've tried just deleting the parameters to see what happens, and there aren't any compiler errors anymore. However, the script is then buggy..

Any thoughts on what is going wrong?

Edit: I tried that, but it doesn't accept any parameter there, not only False.

Edit2: Thank you shadowrecon! That definitely solved my problems.

Edited by causality

ok it shoud look like this -> InvCount but should look like this InvCount(True); same goes with the other errors just add True in the ( )

Things like InvCount do not accept any parameters to my understanding..

But the script has them for a few functions that don't. Does Bixby have an altered include?