shadowrecon

Problem with text.scar

I keep getting a read error on line 42 in the text file, (GetUpText()) while using the DepositItemsEx() during banking.

basically When the script is banking, it will open bank and then click one item, then go another item of the same type and just hover on it then the read error happens. (IT DOES NOT ALWAYS HAPPEN)

I havet the deposit function set up like this: DepositItemsEx([0],true,true);

Error Type : Execution Error

Error address: 010A292F in module 'Scar.exe' Read of Address FFFFFFFF

Line 42

File Text.Scar

Been running into a similiar error. Having a devil of time tracking down exactly what is causing it.

My best guess so far: the game lags for a split second, causing the deposit routine to "get ahead" of itself, trying to read the options menu before it pops up. Since there is no option text the ocr bombs with an exception.

Was a wild ass guess. My machine is wonky at best, but it is consistently generating an Access violation in Text.scar when calling OSI's deposit routines (the worst offender - Happens a lot) and (less often) withdrawing and closing bank. Still trying to figure out how to best trap it and recover gracefully.

Edit: Just figured out one of my issues: Calling OpenBank when in a random causes an out of range error in ChooseOptionMultiEx, which tells me my random detection needs some tweaking; this condition should never occur if I was handling/trapping randoms properly.

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Depositing uses 't-1' banking that checks the uptext for depositing an item so it knows whether or not there is multiple items to use left or right click with choose option. My bet is the bug has something to do with that though I've never experienced this problem I also haven't tried specifically to reproduce it yet. I'll see what I come up with.

Of course it never happens when I am watching. I can watch this script for hours and nada. Turn my back for 1 minute and BOOOOM!

Basing what I know on the output of my running debug commentary in the debug window as I debug a script. The last thing I see is "Opening Bank". When I login manually the account is sitting in a random. Put two and two together and you get...oranges.

Yeah bixby thats what way it is for me turn my back and bamm... but it only happens on a rare occanion and i notice the cursor is right below the edge of the item but not quite on the item to cause an uptext event.. so im thinking maybe needs to be constricted to tighter box within the inventory item boxs that are declared? i dunno, but it works great 97% of the time which is still awesome.

Yes i updated this morning, and got the error when clicking on a tree, wasnt even depositing anything, its something to do with uptext functions has to be within the uptext fonts, because the rs_Uptext.... Function is pretty solid and thats where i traced the function back to, so only thing could be is upchars or an internal error within scar and the old rs_uptext function. because line42 in text is just renaming the Rs_Uptextfuntion and shorting it of-course.