Allstar

Looking for some Developer(s)

Forgive me if this is against the rules, I was sure to read the forum rules, however if I missed anything and this is not allowed I apologize.

I am looking for a developer or maybe even several developers to create RS bots for my website. This would be a paying job, and I would pay fairly decent per script (price to be negotiated depending on complexity of script).

You can use any previous works you may ave already made aslong as they are certainly your own and you wouldn't mind tweaking them a bit.

This would be a lasting gig that would go on for months possibly years depending on how everything rolls out. I'm not trying to advertise so I won't list my site name here, if you are interested please post here and leave me your email address.

Thank you,

Allstar.

Well I wanted to start out with a Miner, then expand to other bots. Such as magic, fletching, smithing, etc. The first bot I would like started would definately be a Miner bot. Also, I was wondering the possibility of having a client made that could support these scripts, so the user just downloads the client and the scripts are already setup inside of it. I would be willing to pay for the client to be made aswell. I'm not trying to make any money, I'm simply just trying to get a nice community started.

Well I wanted to start out with a Miner, then expand to other bots. Such as magic, fletching, smithing, etc. The first bot I would like started would definately be a Miner bot. Also, I was wondering the possibility of having a client made that could support these scripts, so the user just downloads the client and the scripts are already setup inside of it. I would be willing to pay for the client to be made aswell. I'm not trying to make any money, I'm simply just trying to get a nice community started.

Well, what your proposing wouldn't be that hard for me to do, eg, convert scripts to exe, however, if you're looking to build a nice community, why not do it here? :) Keep thins centralized, that'll make it easier for people to find and share scripts.

Well my website was set up about 2 months ago, already paid the price for vBulletin etc. I want to treat this as a learning experience, I work full time, and I have other small jobs I do, so I'm not hurting for money. I have been fascinated with bots for years now, even back when I played RS legit. I thought they were just amazing. I would like to learn how to script when I find sometime.

Heres the tutorial for scar.

Might be a little bit different but shouldn't be too much different.

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49089

I think fred's idea of selling your scripts on your site and then posting free ones here is good and it would be a good path for you.

But from experience, if you really wanna pay some one to make a script, you'd gotta make sure they won't just take your idea and run a way with it and you'd have to compete with people here and at villavu.com and most of their scripts are free.

In my opinion, you'd have either make it for yourself or just gold farm to make money but that might not be such a good idea :(

Honestly I do not see anyone wanting to make scripts for you to sell to other people when they could do it themselves and profit a lot more.

If you're trying to make money in this businesses you are much better off writing your own pay scripts and selling them here than trying to employ anyone lmao.

Well, Like I said I'm not worried about making money. I would like to give these products out for free. In the future I may decide to have premium scripts made and sell them, however until that day comes I would like to hire a developer(s) and unlock my sites true potential.

Well, Like I said I'm not worried about making money. I would like to give these products out for free. In the future I may decide to have premium scripts made and sell them, however until that day comes I would like to hire a developer(s) and unlock my sites true potential.

You'd have to pay a lot to someone for them to want to make you scripts when they could just sell them on their own anyways.

Though I'm not the against the idea of you paying anyone to help out your site at all, I just don't think people will ever want to be hired to make pay scripts.

If you're paying people to write scripts that anyone can use for free then that sounds great, otherwise for selling them I just don't see people putting all the work and effort into something only to make what they could easily surpass in a few sales.

Good luck to you though, whatever you do will help us here in the long run I suppose.

You'd have to pay a lot to someone for them to want to make you scripts when they could just sell them on their own anyways.

Though I'm not the against the idea of you paying anyone to help out your site at all, I just don't think people will ever want to be hired to make pay scripts.

If you're paying people to write scripts that anyone can use for free then that sounds great, otherwise for selling them I just don't see people putting all the work and effort into something only to make what they could easily surpass in a few sales.

Good luck to you though, whatever you do will help us here in the long run I suppose.

Not trying to seem mean or anything, however I stated twice, I'm not worried about making money. I'm not trying to sell these scripts or anything. This is the entire procedure, they make the script, provide proof it works, I pay them (we could even use a middle-man), then I just post a download to the script on my site, I won't use any install monetizer or anything of that sort. I'm not trying to be a reseller. I have no interest in that, I stated before that maybe someday in the future I may consider having premium scripts made where customers could buy them, however that won't be for a long, long time.

If the developer desires I'll even give them a developer status on my site so that they can check in on each day and make sure I'm not trying to run some reselling game. I apologize if I came off rude.