• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FHannes

Commandline Parameters

SCAR Divi 3.25 supports commandline interaction a whole lot better than any previous versions. There was a lot of demand for it, hence I decided to expand on it a bit. Aside from all previous commands now working properly, there's a few new ones.

Here's a small guide:

-nonews

Prevents SCAR from downloading and displaying the news.

-noupdate

Prevents SCAR from checking for updates and showing an alert if an update is available.

-open

Opens all scripts specified after this parameter.

-run

Runs the script that was last opened.

-tray

Moves SCAR to the tray when it's opened or an open instance when single window mode is active.

-force

Forces open a new window when single window mode is enabled. The system is pretty flexible too. Any file that is in the parameters and not behind a specific parameter that takes file arguments (currently only -open), will be associated with -open. So you can for example open a file by running "scar.exe file.scar" instead of "scar.exe -open file.scar"

I hope this thread was of use, if you have questions, be sure to post them in here.

~Freddy

Edited by Freddy

Would "scar.exe -run file.scar" run "file.scar" or the script that was last opened? Or when you say last opened do you mean "scar.exe -run foo.scar bar.scar" would only run bar.scar?

When trying to use this with a file that is not located directly in the c drive or one or 2 folders away from the c drive it fails to open the folder. Example, if i try to use a file that is in my documents or something am i doing something wrong? I also have to specify the full path of the scar.exe

You should always work with absolute file paths

Yeah i found the issue, if the name contained a space it caused the issue.. Which makes sence because in the commandline thats like a argument. I wonder if replacing the spaces with underscores would change the way it reacts. If there any way to get an absolute file path from a open dialog? lol

Replacing spaces with underscores would get you a different path?

Prob haven't messed with it, i just no the spaces are causing the issue. I guess i just have to play with it some.

Most programs that accept command line parameters will accept a path wrapped in quotation marks. I imagine SCAR would too. Haven't tried it.

"C:\Some Path\With Spaces\In It"

hmm interesting ill give that a ago. Thanks Bixby!

EDIT: Your are the man! That fixed the problem! now you can run any script anywhere on the computer with the client! =)

Edited by shadowrecon

Prob haven't messed with it, i just no the spaces are causing the issue. I guess i just have to play with it some.

If you have spaces in your path you have to enclose your path in quotes, like with any other commandline command.

If you have spaces in your path you have to enclose your path in quotes, like with any other commandline command.

never really used the command line all that much before but got it under control now!