FHannes

Macroing

SCAR was born out of the "Runescape cheating community" many years ago, since then I've been pushing it's development more and more outwards to a more global scope. Now SCAR is a multi purpose macroing engine that allows you to automate many different tasks on your windows machines and do a lot of other things up to as complex as writing games.

The most popular use of SCAR is of course, still, automating repetitive tasks in games, but when you use SCAR for this purpose, please consider the following guidelines:

• Respect the contentprovider. The game you are macroing is the result of the hard labor of many people, they provide you with high quality content to enjoy. Keeping that in mind, show them respect, you might "get burned" by using SCAR on their game, but you are after all, breaking their rules. They just have the best in mind for their players.
  • Your responsibility. If you decide to use SCAR on games, keep in mind that this is your choice, it's your responsibility if it backfires.
  • Don't overdo it. You can let a script run 24/7, but this continuous activity won't go unnoticed by game staff. Furthermore it can be conceived as disruptive by other players. Try to spread it out.

I will certainly not try to encourage anyone to use SCAR to macro games, however, SCAR is at the base of all of my knowledge of software development, I wish everyone can learn as much from it as I have in the past.

~Freddy

Edited by Freddy