Turbine1991

CMD line pass arguments/parameters

Sounds vague. I doubt there's a functionality in SCAR that would do that. Maybe through use of a plugin it's possible though...

Exactly what is it you're trying to do?

Hmm, it shouldn't sound vague. It's as much of a primary concept as main().

So basically I need to run a Scar script passing some parameters.

Line in C++:

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { 
  cout << "Name: " << argv[0] << endl;
  cout << "Address: " << argv[1] << endl;

return 0; 
}

Then running it:

./program "Roger" "123.456.123.456:2100"

Rather than doing something stupid like writing to a text file, parsing it in SCAR and then using these values.

[Edit]

The problem usually with Scar is it's designed too much with Runescape in mind, too many things go unnoticed - like the long-standing broken OCR.

Hmm, it shouldn't sound vague. It's as much of a primary concept as main().

So basically I need to run a Scar script passing some parameters.

Line in C++:

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { 
  cout << "Name: " << argv[0] << endl;
  cout << "Address: " << argv[1] << endl;

return 0; 
}

Then running it:

./program "Roger" "123.456.123.456:2100"

Rather than doing something stupid like writing to a text file, parsing it in SCAR and then using these values.

Vague in terms of application, and not theory. The theory answer to your question is very simple as stated, there is nothing like that in SCAR unless you utilize the plugin system or some other means along that line.

However, the question you should be asking would pertain to your actual application and doesn't, therefore it is vague.

[Edit]

The problem usually with Scar is it's designed too much with Runescape in mind, too many things go unnoticed - like the long-standing broken OCR.

OCR works you must be using it wrong or for an application beyond that particular function's capability much the same reason the OCR built in is rarely used. Again would help to know your actual application for this...

SCAR hasn't been designed with runescape in mind in years. All of the functions in SCAR are universal and in no way optimized specifically for runescape e.g. Keyboard, color, bitmap, mouse, and everything else. The same can be said for base OSI except it's made to avoid human/macro detection algorithms if the user so desires. SCAR has one or two said features as well with keyboard and mouse.

Perhaps this belongs in feature requests and bug reporting as I'm unconvinced the first is available and that the second has issues or lacks features in which case it would also belong there

Edited by Wanted

Vague in terms of application, and not theory. The theory answer to your question is very simple as stated, there is nothing like that in SCAR unless you utilize the plugin system or some other means along that line.

However, the question you should be asking would pertain to your actual application and doesn't, therefore it is vague

It doesn't make any difference if you know the application or not. Besides, it has many more practical uses than the one I'm using it for.

It doesn't make any difference if you know the application or not. Besides, it has many more practical uses than the one I'm using it for.

It is possible it has practical uses for other applications, however it is also possible your specific application has another way to be facilitated within SCAR.

So it does make a difference if we know the application or not, considering:

1) You aren't familiar with all of SCAR's capabilities. *reason for this thread being posted

2) Other people are familiar with all/more of SCAR's capabilities. *also reason for this thread being posted

Lock and potential key remained separated.

If you don't want to disclose the information you don't have to. There's always the option of private messages etc.

Otherwise this discussion has run its course unless anyone will discuss plugin/etc utilization or SCAR feature updates or something I haven't or probably won't think of. GL

Edited by Wanted