FHannes

SCAR Divi OpenAPI

Starting from today, I will be beginning to open-source parts of SCAR Divi 3.x's core API, as this mostly does not require any proprietary libraries. The goal of this is to allow users to better understand the core API, as well as contribute to it and use it in the development of 3rd party plugin libraries for SCAR. The library is available at GitHub and licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license.

At this time, the library does not contain much yet, but I will be migrating more code to it over the next few weeks and months.

w00p w00p! It's great to see that you decided to do this. I was not expecting you to do this, at least not so quickly!

It's nice to be able to refer to a piece of code when posting bugs and optimizations, instead of just guessing what the error/cause is, or if it even is an error/or is possible to speed up :-)

Edited by slacky

The code is all documented as well, I'll be uploading a documentation pdf once I get my hand of a license to generate it with the documentation software I'm using.

EDIT: Documentation is now available at SCAR Divi OpenAPI

Man that documentation looks tasty. Classy look and feel!

There is that feeling of Javadocs with it.

Loving it already man, can't wait to see what is still to come!

Structure-wise it's very easy to find stuff from it, good job Freddy!

Glad to hear you will also provide offline version (.PDF)

Does the software support .CHM?

English written examples are never enough to fully understand the resources you use... only with the source can you understand and thereby utilize their full potential.

An interesting turn of events. However, for obvious reasons I'm assuming SCAR itself will remain more or less closed source.

The IDE and parts of the API are made up out of a lot of proprietary software, so yes.

The most important thing is scripters are able to see exactly how the algorithms/functions work that they use... the other components people will have to understand it's outweighed by the benefits of closed source and for other reasons.

Well, in the meanwhile I've already moved about 40 functions over into the API. At the moment my time is pretty limited, so I try to add a couple every day, but I do have to write some documentation for each function and sometimes clean up the variable names and such a bit, to make them easier to understand.