LordJashin

SMART 7.2 Doesn't work with DTM's!

I noted that you test a rotated angle when testing SCAR's DTM with SMART, while the other tests are not the same angle... You should really compare it equally, same image and same points, same colors, etc.

I can't remember ever having this problem, and I was using FindDTM(..) very often when I played with SCAR... Not able to remember if I tested it with SMART, but I'm pretty sure I did.

As slacky said equal comparison is important in finding any errors. I would try to see if the DTM could be found not rotated before trying the rotation. I recall having quite a few problems myself when i use to use DTM's trying to find them rotated. Many of the issues with rotation is Tol, angStep etc.

- - - Updated - - -

As slacky said equal comparison is important in finding any errors. I would try to see if the DTM could be found not rotated before trying the rotation. I recall having quite a few problems myself when i use to use DTM's trying to find them rotated. Many of the issues with rotation is Tol, angStep etc.

This crap is so finicky. It works with SMART, but the damn ladder colors change every time I log in. I even put the correct tolerance with the points for those Two colors, and still nothing. I'll be testing more.

But I can't be having this crap:

qNf4dwg.png

And weird enough, I NEVER rotated the Minimap, MADE A DTM, then tried to find it with FindDTM (wasn't found). But FindRotatedDTM found it! I guess the minimap floats on its own.

I don't understand why they gotta make the ladders change colors, man didn't think their anti-bot was that intense. At every LOGIN. Might be cause SMART loads a random world each time, so different world = different ladder color. Might be the case.

Edited by LordJashin

@LordJashin, The whole minimap changes in both color and scale. This happens each time the minimap reloads. DTMs does not support affine transformation, so they can fail if/when the minimap is rescaled.

I even put the correct tolerance with the points for those Two colors

Right.. And you know this how? The colors brightness levels can differ tremendously (in an unknown color-space). So I ask you, how can you know that you used the correct tolerance for a color? I imagine that you used that ACA-thingy?

And weird enough, I NEVER rotated the Minimap, MADE A DTM, then tried to find it with FindDTM (wasn't found).

By just looking at the picture, I can quickly see that the comparison is not the same for each case. The only search within SMART, with SCARs DTM-system shows a rotated minimap (not the same angle as both other cases).

But FindRotatedDTM found it!

Well, if you used the same points in every case, then that's obvious.. And exactly my point.

I do not remember if you can change CTS with the current DTM-system, but I bet if you were to use HSL the result would be better. Also, a tip is to max out the tolerance for the mainpoint when working with the minimap. And the "area-size" might be better at around 2, or 3 for each point.

Edited by slacky

That one post wasn't based off those pictures, I have tested stuff over and over. Just saying.

Anyway, what I used to get the tolerance between those 2 colors was GetTolerance. I don't think the Brightness changes every time SMART is loaded? At least I wouldn't think so for the "brightness" setting on Runescape 2 inside of SMART. But it is an unknown color space or unknown world when it comes to the colors on RS2 lol.

Yeah I think the DTM system works fine, It's the settings that you have to get just right. How do I get the tolerance just right though? I want to have it so ALL shades of Brown for the ladder (not mixed with red or w/e, just close enough) are found. Need to figure that out, I would guess take the lightest value of brown, and the darkest that you want and use GetTol to get the tolerance. A number of things I could test out.

Or use the handy dandy ACA tool...

As for the Area size, that's easy! However its weird how the Rectangles look inside SCAR's DTM Editor...(Click the Drop Down Menu on Shape Types and the rectangle will appear on the Image itself)

Yeah going to experiment, with ACA, and colors

Edit: Its really interesting. On RS2, every time you go to a new map...the ladder colors change, or whenever you login again. ALSO, the ladder color will be the same on all the ladders on the Minimap that you can see! But when you encounter a new one (because you ran somewhere and saw a new ladder) that ladder can have a different color. Some weird phenomena here.

But here's the list of different ladder colors I encountered:

A8ZZ4bCbYPnq83zQ-Region.png

ACA recommended with those colors, a 7 tol with a best color of 602203. I changed it to 10. Then made a DTM using that "best color" and 3 ladders...with area size 2 on each. The DTM was being found on ANY brown color Lol, Trees, the ground, everything. And every floor with those 3 ladders was found.

Edited by LordJashin

I skimmed this thread because I don't have time.

I'm almost 100% positive your tests are the results of improper DTM settings and usage. I can't confirm until I test it myself (strained for time, start a new job with BMW tomorrow).

I heard you mention ACA, not sure how DTM finding works with changing color speeds. I think even ACA's alg with current SCAR alg for CTS 1 isn't consistent. Really you shouldn't be using ACA exact-ed colors with DTMs anyways DTMs are made for broader tolerances, fixed colors, or dynamic autocoloring.

Pretty sure it has to do with your use of main points and subpoints and areas and tolerances not being suitable for rotating DTMs to work consistently.

Edited by Wanted