Janilabo

Attention all plugin developers!

I still wonder, if we...rotated it around the Minimap center point if that would fix it (I'll try it out with my custom dtms prolly to no avail).

Yeah I can see how this would work out:

vInD3tu.png

bgmsduK.png

There are (the're fuck I'm losing my mind today...) tutorials out there but none here.

AFAIK rotated DTMs rotate the subpoint around the main point. If you used multiple mainpoints it would probably only use the first parent, possibly correcting your problem... if that even works at all...again I have no idea, maybe Freddy can tell us or try testing it.

Area size simply means the subpoint has to fall within that pixel range (plus or minus) of where it's expected. The flashing box you see is the search area on the editor.

Anyways rotating via mainpoint (I always use a single, 0 area, median color that can match anything at 255 tolerance mainpoint) and 2 through 4ish (maybe more or less..) area on the subpoints works just fine. It's still very accurate and honestly even if you could rotate relative to the minimap origin with perfect nonvariated influences (haha yea right -.-) than it's still a good idea to use some area size. Try it out and let me know what you discover.

Why 255 tolerance?

Yeah I'll try it out in a sec, and post back. Would be a nice fall back to SPS system, for scripts, as well...

I don't like using main points, but rather relative distance points. To achieve this pick the area you want the final cord to be and make it a pixel that matches anything i.e. some color that is mid range RGB with max 255 tolerance. Use your static land marks etc. for subpoints.

I suppose it's personal preference but most of the time you are wanting to find a point that is walked on by a lot of people and having a large area size for a main point has transverse effects on all of your subpoints.

mm, can you show me an example? Or a few ._.

Like for this pic: what would you do, to walk to right in front of the Bank teller: N4YAoRb.png

Especially for the MainPoint. Idk what you mean by it, a mid range color? I thought the main point was returned in the x, y, and thus needed to be where you want to walk too.

Maybe make the Main Point really distinguished, and have one of the subpoints, be where you want to walk too.

OoO Here are some tuts: Damn: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19162?t=20941&highlight=ddtm+tuts

Edited by LordJashin

I sort of took it over, but heck you guys probably wouldn't have said much anyway. O look Jani's putting MSSL functions in a plugin! That was the purpose lols.

confusing someone trying to understand plugin exports.

I'm sorry. Well, we need some good templates, and maybe a tutorial. That would teach people much better! I know Freddy has templates for plugins, but maybe they are confusing? Post your template in a thread and call it New Plugin Tutorial, and tell them what to replace, and voila!

That search box is kind of picky too. When I put DTM in it, it flipped out :P

I sort of took it over, but heck you guys probably wouldn't have said much anyway. O look Jani's putting MSSL functions in a plugin! That was the purpose lols.

From what I read the purpose was to show an alternative simpler way to export functions (with the old plugin-api), without having to write the ID for each function-export.. This solves the problem when adding new functions: You wont have all that trouble with changing a bunch of IDs, just because you wanted to have exports in a certain order, and therefor having to put the new function-export in the middle of all exports.

Edited by slacky

From what I read the purpose was to show an alternative simpler way to export functions (with the old plugin-api), without having to write the ID for each function-export.. This solves the problem when adding new functions: You wont have all that trouble with changing a bunch of IDs, just because you wanted to have exports in a certain order, and therefor having to put the new function-export in the middle of all exports.

Yes, you are right (fail on my part again).

The converter is da bomb!