iirickyii

help setting up MSSL/RS07Lib/etc..!!

Ok first of all I want to state that I have had NO prior programming experience before I started using this forum and I just want to say thank you everyone (mostly admins and scripters who know what there doing) for tuts, reply to my first thread, etc. since I have now made my 2nd successful simple script that auto curses the monk of zamorak in varrock palace! :)

--what I need help with:

To my known knowledge of looking on the forums ( I tried searching also) MSSL, OSI1, OSI2 are like added functions that work on SCAR Divi so if I was to download MSSL in the includes manager I can start using these commands (http://forums.scar-divi.com/threads/2131-Intro-to-MSSL-s-RuneScape-2007-commands) in my future scripts along with the regular SCAR code. If i was to do CTRL space it should also auto complete commands with MSSL's commands? And I only need MSSL downloaded in the includes manager for myself to start using MSSL's commands or do i need the other includes? Once i download in the includes is that all I need to do, is there any other steps i should follow? I couldn't find a simple set up tutorial at all if there is one im sorry! and is there anything I need to include in my script to run these includes like I noticed in this persons (Amberleaf) willow chopper using mssl the green line stating $I MSSL\MSSL.scar} I would be only planning on using the browser window targeted with the crosshairs.

please! correct me if i'm wrong and answer my questions as best as possible if ABLE too I appreciate it alot guys and sorry if it looks like i was rambling! im just trying to learn WHAT TO DO so i can start using the MSSL command lines since they look awesome. thanks!!

The script is made for you, if you have mssl and osi2 installed just paste the code in and hit the green arrow after you have targeted the applet screen. You can find a list of mssl code in the intro to mssl inthe mssl section; there is no easy way to start scripting other then to break apart other codes and going through the intros to understand what each of them can do and the list of commands each has.

So it's not to hard to get things going... If I remember correctly see your setup should look something similar to this:

[sCAR]

{$DEFINE RS07} //We want to use the rs07-part in MSSL.

{$I MSSL\MSSL.scar} //We are including a MSSLibrary.

//When a script is stopped this is called.

procedure ScriptTerminate;

begin

MSSL_Unsetup; //this is to erase the memory that MSSL uses.

end;

//Lets say hello...

procedure SayHello;

begin

writeLn('Hi');

end;

begin

MSSL_Setup; //Activate MSSL

//Main loop:

repeat

SayHello; //Call our function!

Wait(1000) //wait a secound... Then say hello again... and again...

until GetKeyState(VK_F12); //Until we press F12

end.

[/sCAR]

MSSL, and OSI are libraries which contains a lot of nice functions. OSI got it's main focus on Runescape, while MSSL is a little more spread around (but also for RS:RS07Lib).

The above code shows you how one would set up MSSL, how to call a function/procedure, the same way is used when you want to use a MSSL/or any other library-function.

Autocomplte should work with MSSL, or any other library, but MSSL is large so autocomplete might be slow... I dont know.

So from what I see, your right on point! Good job mate, feel free to share your scripts in the script-section! :)

Edited by slacky