lazarbeam

[Buyer] [2007] Shop N' Hop - A Universal Buyer

EDIT5: Versions 0.32 and 0.32 [CTS] OUT! - Improved quantity validating with new concept. :) I recommend testing each version below (0.27 => 0.32) and then hit me with feedback which version is so far the best! (Hoping that 0.30=>0.32 have that little bug finally beaten)

EDIT4: Versions 0.31 and 0.31 [CTS] OUT! - Small tweak only, nothing dramatic compared to version 0.30.

EDIT3: Versions 0.30 and 0.30 [CTS] OUT! - Tweaked GetShopQuantityFromIDEx() a LOT, I am feeling like this just may be the key to fixing the good ol' issue!

EDIT2: Versions 0.29 and 0.29 [CTS] OUT! - Some more changes, hoping to get that good ol' issue down as soon as possible... Please try all attached versions below; 0.27, 0.28 and 0.29 (see if any of em work without that issue). :)

EDIT: Versions 0.28 and 0.28 [CTS] OUT! - Plenty of tweaking, so this 0.28 version needs a lot of testing and feedback aswell.

Thanks for all these updates Jan, first time back again in a while

You're the bomb.

However, its doing that thing again, 5000 runes in stock- buy limit is set to 1000 or somet..

Buys 20 - hops world.

Not sure whats causing it :\

I am going to try and figure this out, does it do this often? ..or has it gotten better within time, like does it happen less now than in the past?

It's too bad there is no way for me to see it "physically" happening during the script runtime, as it would be a lot easier for me to fix. :\ But, I am going to release new version soon, with even more failsafes for this issue. :) Just keep checking up the forums every now and then..

Thanks for feedback, Rasper!

Versions 0.27 and 0.27 [CTS] OUT! Added some more failsafes in.

Rasper, these failsafes might fix that issue you reported, but I am not promising they do, simply because I don't see which part of the code could cause that problem...

So, give it a test and see if the problem still exists. :) Please report back if it is fixed or not.

If it still isn't fixed, it is possible that I might need to use someone's (dump/non-important) account to fix this issue.

Athough, I am really hoping this release fixes those issues, because I did add a little stronger checks in the code.

Regards,

-Jani

ShopAndHop v0.27 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.27 SMART.scar

ShopAndHop v0.28 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.28 SMART.scar

ShopAndHop v0.29 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.29 SMART.scar

ShopAndHop v0.30 SMART.scar

ShopAndHop v0.30 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.31 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.31 SMART.scar

ShopAndHop v0.32 SMART [CTS].scar

ShopAndHop v0.32 SMART.scar

Edited by Janilabo
Released version 0.32 (added in new concept for validating quantity)!

Bumping this topic up!

Added in versions 0.30 & 0.30 [CTS] - see THIS post by me (#76).

Planted in strong quantity validation - with this step, I am hoping to find a working solution to fix that nasty little problem, that has been lurking around since day 1...

I think this problem could be caused by the moment when the stack amount is getting updated - example below:

STACK
2544 [moment 1] - now we use Choose Option, with Buy 10 for this!
25__ [moment 2] - last 2 digits getting updated, but they will be shown as blank space (or something between 44 and 34) for a very short moment, right before new quantity is added in, so quantity would be detected as "25" now...
2534 [moment 3] - that new quantity has been updated to screen.

The "moment 2" is shown in screen for maybe 16 milliseconds, something that you don't really notice with human-eye... But even that is enough for SCAR to pick it up incorrectly sometimes, obviously.

So, for version 0.30 I added in a workaround for this case, hoping it will get rid of this issue finally for good. ;)

-Jani