brad992

Old Commands? DeleteDebugLine etc

So, I've just recently updated to the newest version of scar(3.38) and I'm making tweaks to my current script. I decide to add in the commands "getdebugline" and "deletedebugline" but upon reading the changelog of scar finding out that they have been removed..

Nevermind how baffled i am to as why these where removed, my actual question is there an equivalent command and what is it? if not, is there any way of getting that command back without using an older version of scar? And if you really know a lot about this, why was it removed in the first place?

Thanks.

Yeahp, sadly those commands were removed and nope, there is no equivalent ways for any of those commands.

They added quite a lot functionality for Debug box, but also plenty and plenty of power for us to debug nicely with it!

I have been (silently) hoping Freddy to add these back in the future, but I doubt that will happen. :(

Here is my question from SCAR Divi 3.35 Pre-Alpha topic:

Those debug box functions/procedures that were removed - are you planning to add any alternative functions/objects in future?

..and Freddy's answer to that:

No, I'm not, the debug and report boxes are intended for output, a script shouldn't have access to it's contents.

That pretty much sums it up.

Your best bet is building your own form with T(Rich)Edit and adding similar commands to based on that then.

Although, it really wont get you nowhere near with the SCAR ones (they were PERFECT!), but I am sure you could get the job done at least.

-Jani

You answered my questions very well, thank you.

I guess it's not the end of the world that i can't those commands anymore, but I'm still a little upset, haha oh well.

Mind sharing some other things I can do with the debug? At the moment i'm using my debug to count all my statistics for a game i'm botting and was hoping i could jazz the debug up a bit and do a little more. I've looked around and haven't found much info on what i can do with the debug box. If you know anything that i may not know that you think i could find useful, please share :)

Well, if you mean script-wise, the only things that you can do now is pretty much WriteLn() and ClearDebug, I think thats about it. :(

GUI-wise, there is Save and Clear debug, but also the selection options (right click menu) for the text in it;

Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete and Select All.

But yeah, we lost all the power for playing around with debug box in v3.35.

-Jani