rsutton

How has things been?

This will be the great year of scripting. Once Freddy does the new DTM system, and fixes the FindDeformed functions. I will remake SPS, and map walking will be at its greatest. Not to mention other games this can be used for. Until these things happen I won't be doing anything in the "scripting scene" concerning RS2 or anything really.

Since my concern with SCAR is mainly for gaming purposes at the moment, I need the rotating functions and deformity for mini maps that most MMO's use. Nothing else will work that I know of. And I'm to lazy to make my own system, and have tried before.

As for outside of gaming, still haven't thought of anything I could use SCAR for that is really useful?...

So to sum that all up, I'd say its been pretty good :D

EDIT:

1. Once SCAR has the web client thing. It'll be complete and that aspect, and will be the ultimate automation tool for the Internet IMO.

2. Common tasks on computers, or program automation.

Edited by LordJashin

This will be the great year of scripting. Once Freddy does the new DTM system, and fixes the FindDeformed functions. I will remake SPS, and map walking will be at its greatest. Not to mention other games this can be used for. Until these things happen I won't be doing anything in the "scripting scene" concerning RS2 or anything really.

Since my concern with SCAR is mainly for gaming purposes at the moment, I need the rotating functions and deformity for mini maps that most MMO's use. Nothing else will work that I know of. And I'm to lazy to make my own system, and have tried before.

As for outside of gaming, still haven't thought of anything I could use SCAR for that is really useful?...

I don't really see why you need those things to script for RS. I created walking scripts in runescape that did imaginably impossible things years before SPS was ever conceived without using DTMs or deformed bitmaps rotated or not. Using elaborate TPA sorting and other methods. Plus honestly there is tons of work to be done that doesn't involve anything semi-related to walking, sps, dtms, bitmaps, deformatibility rotability. Take OSI for example. I'm sure there are plenty of productive completely unrelated things that could be worked on and achieved.

I'm sure that there are uses for SCAR outside of gaming. I've used it for other things. I'm sure Janibalo has experience in this area.

I don't really see why you need those things to script for RS. I created walking scripts in runescape that did imaginably impossible things years before SPS was ever conceived without using DTMs or deformed bitmaps rotated or not. Using elaborate TPA sorting and other methods. Plus honestly there is tons of work to be done that doesn't involve anything semi-related to walking, sps, dtms, bitmaps, deformatibility rotability. Take OSI for example. I'm sure there are plenty of productive completely unrelated things that could be worked on and achieved.

I'm sure that there are uses for SCAR outside of gaming. I've used it for other things. I'm sure Janibalo has experience in this area.

You're totally right on. But for practical reasons even outside of RS, finding things even if they are rotated would be extremely useful and awesome. I'd rather make some nice mapping stuff and theories that could work for more games, and could really cover tons of maps. SPS for example covered the entire map. Idk how you would pin point where your character is located in relation to the whole map, I guess that's why you have "set" starting points of where you can start the script. Still though making/doing tpa sorting, and checks for walking using maybe MMDots or w/e isn't as accurate as SPS is. However it can be really good. I guess you have a point, I just never got into the RS2 scene too much.

I think I might try scripting again, and testing out new ideas for walking...I still need to finish my woodcutter tut.

There is still tons that can be achieved yes, but I don't know totally what all of that is or what is possible. I'm still new to a lot of math, and probability. Found out the other day that Guass was a mathematician from 1850?

That and I've been looking up free online courses:

https://www.coursera.org/

https://www.edx.org/

I also ordered some math books actually recently O.o

Edited by LordJashin

You're totally right on. But for practical reasons even outside of RS, finding things even if they are rotated would be extremely useful and awesome. I'd rather make some nice mapping stuff and theories that could work for more games, and could really cover tons of maps. SPS for example covered the entire map. Idk how you would pin point where your character is located in relation to the whole map, I guess that's why you have "set" starting points of where you can start the script. Still though making/doing tpa sorting, and checks for walking using maybe MMDots or w/e isn't as accurate as SPS is. However it can be really good. I guess you have a point, I just never got into the RS2 scene too much.

I think I might try scripting again, and testing out new ideas for walking...I still need to finish my woodcutter tut.

There is still tons that can be achieved yes, but I don't know totally what all of that is or what is possible. I'm still new to a lot of math, and probability. Found out the other day that Guass was a mathematician from 1850?

That and I've been looking up free online courses:

https://www.coursera.org/

https://www.edx.org/

I also ordered some math books actually recently O.o

Having a script that can start from anywhere to me is inefficient design scarified for completely unnecessary functionality. Adding such features is over designing and just bogs down a script with unneeded complexities. There are a few scenarios where I can be more accurate with color than anything besides compass independent reflection tile walking for example my abyssal crafter found all of the blue pixels on the map and sorted out the largest sections i.e. the starting river and found the upper left most pixel in that cluster and offset it accordingly. Another method in the same script involved finding a cluster of brown patches and comparing aspect ratios. So by simply finding a reliable way to track down one pixel or identifying a cluster and finding the center of it and using it as a landmark on the map with offsets you can reliably land on the tile you're looking for and if not than on the neighboring one with very little resources i.e. no massive SPS and no code injection/reflection. Furthermore, sacrificing such resources and dependability for that extra accuracy is completely not worth it most of the time. These are just a few examples of ingenious pixel examination. In fact the only real advantage that I can definitively say from using such resources is saving the script writer significant time in script creation.

Alas I'm getting off topic now. You shouldn't let such things be a hindrance to your aspirations. Explore and invent new methods.

Edited by Wanted