tweakmeup

findbitmap not working with prsc client.

I always forget to post links to videos, so I'm glad Jani did it xD. I made the super beginner tutorial. Its like 40 mins long, but it really is good for super nubs.

I'm not the best at explaining things, but I think I did a good job. If someone watchs it, they should know how to continue learning and scripting properly. I will upload it later.

I will make a faster tutorial on Bitmaps/DTMs later once the Deformed functions are fixed...I will assume that most of you know how to script already, and client selection!

Edit: On the good side, once this FindDeformed function is fixed. We could use this for map finding! This will be like a new SPS! Its a tad bit less accurate maybe though. But with this it returns the accuracy, and angles. So we could use that in our script to know where to click at. Idk how we would do positioning though. And what sucks is...this function sometimes can be slow...the rotation and pixel changing. But hell, the only way it could TOTally mess it up, is if RS2 changes the maps. Otherwise the only thing that will get in the way is the dots. The actual thing we will be finding will not change in size really. So I would think that the Range wouldn't matter as much.

Wonder how the accuracy works in different situations. If it messes up I guess we would have to resort to DTM's for ease of use. And then maybe one day create an SPS. It would have to be able to do everything FindDeformed does. Rotation of points, accuracy based on how many colors at points matched...and craziness

Edited by LordJashin

two things:

1) Here are a couple of pictures I took regarding my setup with DTM's, and the outcome. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, and it must be the secondary points that I'm picking. How can I do it better? I should also note that when I set the angles from 0-360, and the angle change to 1 degree, the script starts, and will not shut down even if I press the red square.

2gxiqnn.png, 2w7hcv4.png

2) I read, in this tutorial: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77691 something about a function called MakeCompass(North) that turns the compass north for runescape, does this only apply to rs2 since you can lock your compass to the north, or is it something that is implemented for rsc as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, do I need to replace colors for this to work as well? The issue I'm having is that its still not recognizing the dtms, just like with the bitmaps, so then only thing I can surmise is that its a color issue. I'll add that in and let you know what I find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I think replace colors is only needed for bitmaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I think replace colors is only needed for bitmaps.

- - - Updated - - -

By George I think I've done it!! I've got to modify it a bit, and figure out how to do multiple points so it follows a path, but this seems to work well.

Edited by tweakmeup

Just remember, a DTM does not need a TON of points. FindDTM will just use FindColor and calculate the distances between the points and their colors and if it matches the DTM's.

So try to get the OUTLINE of a building, where no DOTS can interfere! You might want to check what happens when your big white dot gets near the edge of a building. Same with the NPC dots.

You can PRESS a key. But it is not the same as HOLDING DOWN a key. In SCAR Divi. Soooooo. Pressing a key means you hold down the key then you let go of it to bring it back up.

[scar]

VKeyDown(VK_RIGHT); // Right arrow

VKeyDown(VK_LEFT); // Left arrow

Wait(3000); // holds them down for 3 seconds ofc

VKeyUp(VK_RIGHT);

VKeyUp(VK_LEFT); // now they are up again[/scar]

EDIT: Good job Jani! Was waiting for you to help him on that xD! That will rotate the camera for you! So you don't need this right arrow and left arrow stuff, unless you don't want to use MSSL. I would recommend using MSSL, because Jani is good at making includes, and it would mean less code for you to write. Take it from me, Jani is pretty awesome at it. I sneak a couple of his functions into OSI from time to time...

Edited by LordJashin