TroisVerites

IDE : Function list for all the library and Scar Inside

Please post suggestions in the bugtracker :)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean... SCAR works like any other programming IDE. There's a code completion list, to which you are referring with typing '.', though this can also be activated with Ctrl+Space. Aside from that there's the manual which offers a more detailed overview. If there's something not yet updated in the manual or not added yet which you need, you can make a post about it in here and I will prioritize adding it.

He means like Simba, it has a list box with different categories, etc color, dtm, bmp ect. When you select a category it then shows all the functions that interact with color, dtms, bmps ect.

Well, I won't be adding anything like that, I don't really feel it's something that belongs in an IDE, and it would get really big, really fast as the API evolves even further. I am looking into ways to make more information about the API more easily accessible from the IDE though.

Like a help system?...Well a LOT of the stuff Freddy has put in SCAR may be a derivative from Windows API, Delphi, etc. Like a type that starts with "T" most of the time you can find else where, except for the ones that Freddy made like TSCAR, TSCARBitmap, etc. So with saying that, I mean a lot of it can be googled, and looked up. E.g. delphi.about.com

Yeah I imagine, if you are allowed to use Embarcadero's help in your program, then you could take all the functions SCAR has from the embarcadero help. Or just offer the whole thing...

For a start you could make the Official SCAR tutorial available from SCAR directly.

I will put this in the suggestions if no 1 else does.

@LordJashin Thats not what he means, have you ever used simba? You can click a function and drag it and drop it in a script. There is a left-hand list box with expandable groups which each pertain to certain functions. He doesn't want a help system he just wants something that shows him all the for instance color functions he can use from SCAR-Divi. Its not a bad idea but as Freddy stated it could easily overflow/become a pain.

I love this idea. Love it. Love it. Love it. Be a serious pain in the arse for Freddy to implement initially though. Maintaining it once implemented wouldn't be so bad, but getting it done initially would not be fun.

Also support the other idea: Some easy way to pull/list the contents of the auto-complete dialog.

For a start you could make the Official SCAR tutorial available from SCAR directly.

I will put this in the suggestions if no 1 else does.

I agree with LordJashin that is a very very good idea. When I first started using scar a few years ago I never knew there was a tut for it. But then I stopped playing the game that i used scar for, now I play it again and I'm older and I want know how to make scripts and such, it's very interesting. Ive watched a 20 part tut on youtube about scar and read 2 tuts online. Then I read the tut that's on this forum and it was the easiest to read and very understanding. The only problem that I think about it, is that it doesn't get in depth about a certain function like PressVKey(VK_); and simple stuff like that (suggesting to expand it some more), but other than that its very good. And I agree with the idea of putting it somewhere in scar, like in the Help tab or something. If there was an accessible on the Scar program or a link for it, I would have started learning about scripting a lot soon than last week. Just my opinion :)

How about WE MAKE THE DAMN LIST BASED ON REGEX :DDDDDD. Or something. Cuz I hate remembering the names. If i type in BITMAP i want everything with Bitmap in it to show up.

You mean something along the lines of how VAssistX (and other plugins) works? Shouldn't really be that hard to implement :)