begin

tmp := TimeToStr(Time);

l := Length(tmp);

Result := StrToInt(Copy(tmp, (l - 1), 2));

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.[/scar]

I tried this example and it returned -1. Debugged it and it was only debugging 'AM'.

Heres janilabo's example fixed.

[scar]

function Seconds: Integer;

var

tmp: string;

l: Integer;

begin

l := Length(tmp);

Result := StrToInt(Copy(tmp, (l - 4), 2));

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.

[/scar]

I wrote this example which converts the time to seconds.

[scar]

program New;

function Seconds: Integer;

var

tmp, Hours, Mins, Secs: string;

begin

tmp := GetNumbers(tmp);

Hours := Copy(tmp, 1, 2);

Mins := Copy(tmp, 3, 2);

Secs := Copy(tmp, 5, 2);

Result := ((StrToIntDef(Hours, -1) * 60) * 60) + (StrToIntDef(Mins, -1) * 60) + StrToIntDef(Secs, -1);

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.

[/scar]

@shadowrecon: Janilabo's code isn't wrong, it's localized, and so is yours. Each computer uses a localized timestamp format. In the us this uses a 12 hour format, including AM or PM at the end of the timestamp. In Europe, most countries use the 24 hour format, which is why Janilabo's example didn't work for you.

I don't get why people keep overcomplicating this xD

Try this:

[scar]function Seconds: Byte;

var

Str: string;

begin

DateTimeToString(Str, 's', Now);

Result := StrToInt(Str);

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.[/scar]

@OP: You shouldn't be using a version as outdated as SCAR 3.22, download the latest version here: http://www.scar-divi.com/?page=download

@shadowrecon: Janilabo's code isn't wrong, it's localized, and so is yours. Each computer uses a localized timestamp format. In the us this uses a 12 hour format, including AM or PM at the end of the timestamp. In Europe, most countries use the 24 hour format, which is why Janilabo's example didn't work for you.

Try this:

var

begin

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.[/scar]

@OP: You shouldn't be using a version as outdated as SCAR 3.22, download the latest version here: http://www.scar-divi.com/?page=download

This works perfectly thanks very much for the help. Haven't had a need for scar since then, I have to say Scar Divi has come on leaps and bounds since then :)

~V

Cheers, Freddy. :P

Didn't even remember there was DateTimeToString function in SCAR.. Thanks. :)

@Vicarious, yeah, I agree (about improved SCAR Divi), Freddy has been doing a really great job with the project.

BTW, check out the CHANGELOG of SCAR Divi.

..you will notice just how many improvements, additionts, bug fixes there has been since 3.22 version.. I can tell, you'll be amazed!

It shows all the additions, bug fixes, improvements and deletions since 3.25 version, though.

Try this:

var

begin

end;

begin

WriteLn(Seconds);

end.[/scar]

The metric system, and now this?

This is Sparta!

@Freddy: Will this DateTimeToString function work on both the formats. 12hr, and 24hr?

The metric system, and now this?

This is Sparta!

@Freddy: Will this DateTimeToString function work on both the formats. 12hr, and 24hr?

Yes, it formats the timestamp according to a format which you specify, where as the other methods use a system default format. You can find more information about the formating here: http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/RTL.asp?Name=DateTimeToString