Bixby Sayz

Couple quick GMRL/SPS questions

Just started to have a look at this and a few questions occur to me:

- You have a SetupGMRL routine that gets called, and takes care of calling SetupOSI. I don't see a matching FreeGMRL; is calling FreeOSI at the end sufficient to free/cleanup everything?

- You have to call SPS_Setup to load the map segments prior to using, but do/should those get freed when done?

I'm a bit of stickler for making sure everything I allocated gets freed, so it kinda bothers me when there are no matching cleanup functions?

On a side note: SPS doesn't appear to be any more accurate than a properly setup RadarRoadWalk path BUT it is a hell of a lot easier to get up and running. Getting a good path that works for RRW seems more art than science, but once you have it, it works pretty well. SPS is a whole lot easier to get running: just enter coordinates rather than hurting your brain trying figure out angles, radius, and proper colors. Either way both are useless without a good path generator to help you out.

Just started to have a look at this and a few questions occur to me:

- You have a SetupGMRL routine that gets called, and takes care of calling SetupOSI. I don't see a matching FreeGMRL; is calling FreeOSI at the end sufficient to free/cleanup everything?

- You have to call SPS_Setup to load the map segments prior to using, but do/should those get freed when done?

I'm a bit of stickler for making sure everything I allocated gets freed, so it kinda bothers me when there are no matching cleanup functions?

On a side note: SPS doesn't appear to be any more accurate than a properly setup RadarRoadWalk path BUT it is a hell of a lot easier to get up and running. Getting a good path that works for RRW seems more art than science, but once you have it, it works pretty well. SPS is a whole lot easier to get running: just enter coordinates rather than hurting your brain trying figure out angles, radius, and proper colors. Either way both are useless without a good path generator to help you out.

Your right there is no free GMRL, but GMRL doesnt load anything into memory, no bitmap ect. For instance OSI loads all the mask for up text ect. Simply calling FreeOSI would do the job. As far as SPS, thats the interesting thing, SPS doesnt work with bitmaps at all after you call the setup.

When you call SPS_Setup this is what happens ->

Loads the areas/ bitmaps you selected

Takes those and sorts them and places them where they go so its not all jacked up

Then takes those and passes the huge bitmap over to the dll which turns the bitmap into little boxes (determined by the Accuracy) of all the R+G+B numbers added

Then SPS frees the bitmap and now works with the T3DIntegerArray

So its functions just like all the other var's in your script, you could call SPS_AreaMaps at the end of the script and run 3 for loops to set all the values to 0 but it would be a waste of time.

As far as accuracy, it can be a bit off sometimes, but you can change how accurate it is with the SPS_Accuracy setting. But by making it more accurate it also can take alot longer if you have more than just a few maps loaded.

As far as accuracy, it can be a bit off sometimes, but you can change how accurate it is with the SPS_Accuracy setting. But by making it more accurate it also can take alot longer if you have more than just a few maps loaded.
I may play with that then. For the purposes of my script I needed a grand total of 2 segments, so shouldn't be too bad.