shadowrecon

Scar Client =)

SSC -> Scar Script Client V 0.3 a

Mission Statement:

Make running scripts easier for people who do not care to write them or edit them, and provide a clean user interface that is not crazy.

Features:

- Open's script, Loads SCAR, Plays Script, Sends Scar To Tray (SCAR will flash)

- Does not load news

- Does not check for updates

- Stop Button (Kills SCAR completely)

Error Proofing:

- Multiple functions to find the scar.exe

Future Updates:

Known Errors:

- None.

Notes:

- Must have SCAR installed!

Credits:

- BixbySays - For his Registry file finding method.

Change Log:

0.3 - Fixed problem with opening scripts located in long directories! thanks to BixbySays!
0.2 - Fixed the scar.exe finding routine, I was just opening the bin folder that contained scar and not the actual scar.exe.
0.1 - Fixed some bugs but still contained a bunch
0.001 - Released - A lot of bugs.
[/Code]

[size=5][color=#FF0000]Download Link[/color][/size]

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/gmrl/Scar_Script_Client/

Edited by shadowrecon

I'll look at the repo in a little bit, the online script repo wouldn't be hard to do. Just make a bunch of folders, and a script downloader. I know a ton about using forms so I could help out with this.

Lol I dont have a programs(86) folder

Edited by LordJashin

I need to make a way to find the exe but haven't figured that out yet... I just have a static address for the scar exe. I could just add scar portable and make it all one folder and use the current running app to find the exe within that folder. Or just make a directory location selection button to change the path to the scar exe but this was thrown togeather really quickly and tonight I'm going to try to fix so issues.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

@lordjashin do you have any experience with Delphi and file writing/reading?

What version of delphi are you using?

uses System.Win.Registry

function GetScarPath: string;
var
 Registry: TRegistry;
begin
 Result := '';
 Registry := TRegistry.Create(KEY_READ);
 Registry.RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
 if not Registry.KeyExists('Software\SCAR') then
 begin
   ShowMessage('SCAR not installed!');
   Exit;
 end;
 Result := Registry.ReadString('Path');
 Registry.CloseKey;
 Registry.Free;
end;

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Im using 2009, That looks like a better and faster method than the one i just came up with =p

heres my version

[scar]

Function GetScarExePath: String; stdcall; export;

Var

FilePath: String;

FileName: String;

Dir1,Dir2,Dir3: String;

begin

FileName := 'scar.exe';

dir1 := 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SCAR Divi\bin';

dir2 := 'C:\Program Files\SCAR Divi\bin';

dir3 := GetCurrentDir +'\SCAR Divi\bin';

FilePath := FileSearch(FileName, dir1+';'+dir2+';'+dir3);

Result := FilePath;

End;

[/scar]

EDIT: dang it, you must be using a newer version because it cant find the system unit.. Does any other unit need to be included to use the system unit? Guess ill stick to my method but yours seems pretty fail proof..

Edited by shadowrecon

Alrightly, thanks. Ill keep using this method for now, but that seems like it would be a lot faster and isnt searching blindly.

Right now im working on making a method to kill the scar app on a button click. Got any ideas? I just posted my newest version. It works but im curious if it will work on windows xp.

Edit: Using Registry fixed the problem! Thanks man!

Edit: For some reason, it compiles now, but using your code returns '' =/ hmm.. What operating system are you using?

Edited by shadowrecon

Alrightly, thanks. Ill keep using this method for now, but that seems like it would be a lot faster and isnt searching blindly.

Right now im working on making a method to kill the scar app on a button click. Got any ideas? I just posted my newest version. It works but im curious if it will work on windows xp.

Edit: Using Registry fixed the problem! Thanks man!

Edit: For some reason, it compiles now, but using your code returns '' =/ hmm.. What operating system are you using?

The day will come where I will mess with all the languages, but for now I don't have the time or feel like. I learned C++ from the cplus website or w/e. That was exciting, and I learned thoroughly OOP concepts, etc. But as for libraries, win api, and everything together with that language Its a lot to tackle. I would have to study it intensely and take notes like I did for C++. After I learned C++ I went looking for something like Scar, and found it. PTFB Pro was pretty good but SCAR beats that mouse/keyboard automater. I will probably want to learn delphi first because of what I know about using delphi like syntax already. (SCAR)

The day will come where I will mess with all the languages, but for now I don't have the time or feel like. I learned C++ from the cplus website or w/e. That was exciting, and I learned thoroughly OOP concepts, etc. But as for libraries, win api, and everything together with that language Its a lot to tackle. I would have to study it intensely and take notes like I did for C++. After I learned C++ I went looking for something like Scar, and found it. PTFB Pro was pretty good but SCAR beats that mouse/keyboard automater. I will probably want to learn delphi first because of what I know about using delphi like syntax already. (SCAR)

Oh, alright, im still learning too. Ive gotten alot better in the last few months tho. The SPS Lib was the main reason i even started playing with delphi and scar. =p

Heh, didn't actually test it as Scar is not on the machine that has Delphi. I'll have to create that key and test it.

Edit: Okay so I'm a dumbass. Forgot to open the key before trying to read a value from it.

uses System.Win.Registry

var
begin
 begin
   Exit;
 end;
 Registry.OpenKeyReadOnly('Software\SCAR');
 Registry.CloseKey;
 Registry.Free;
end;

Edited by Bixby Sayz

Heh, didn't actually test it as Scar is not on the machine that has Delphi. I'll have to create that key and test it.

Edit: Okay so I'm a dumbass. Forgot to open the key before trying to read a value from it.

uses System.Win.Registry

var
begin
 begin
   Exit;
 end;
 Registry.OpenKeyReadOnly('Software\SCAR');
 Registry.CloseKey;
 Registry.Free;
end;

Lol i wish i knew more about registry values =p Ill give this ago and see how it works!

hmm.. still not working for me, maybe its jsut my machine? I just add both methods and if one fails maybe the other will catch.

Edited by shadowrecon

Oh, alright, im still learning too. Ive gotten alot better in the last few months tho. The SPS Lib was the main reason i even started playing with delphi and scar. =p
I'm more into digital/web design/programming because most of it is easier to learn/do. Like starting with HTML and CSS, simple. With all the free frameworks/systems out there programming isn't too hard. Its the design part that is difficult IMO. I wish they would teach delphi or more procedural based languages at school, because C++ out of a microsoft dev book is super hard. I mean they don't even learn arrays until like the second class.

I can see this working, as long as Freddy keeps making SCAR portables. Just make an .exe with the portable inside of it.

I'm more into digital/web design/programming because most of it is easier to learn/do. Like starting with HTML and CSS, simple. With all the free frameworks/systems out there programming isn't too hard. Its the design part that is difficult IMO. I wish they would teach delphi or more procedural based languages at school, because C++ out of a microsoft dev book is super hard. I mean they don't even learn arrays until like the second class.

I can see this working, as long as Freddy keeps making SCAR portables. Just make an .exe with the portable inside of it.

I cant include scar inside the app because it violates Freddys copyright. =/ But i think i could include it as a external source. Well i just pushed an updated version of this. It has 3 methods for finding the scar exe one of them is manual if the first 2 fail =p

I cant include scar inside the app because it violates Freddys copyright. =/ But i think i could include it as a external source. Well i just pushed an updated version of this. It has 3 methods for finding the scar exe one of them is manual if the first 2 fail =p

Forgot about the copyright issues my bad, well. If we included a SCAR installer with it. That would be nice. Like if the user doesn't have SCAR, to let them install it from a button click using Freddy's installer. I don't think that violates copyright? Well maybe a button to download Freddy's SCAR installer then automatically open it?

If not then we have APPA aswell.

Edited by LordJashin

Forgot about the copyright issues my bad, well. If we included a SCAR installer with it. That would be nice. Like if the user doesn't have SCAR, to let them install it from a button click using Freddy's installer. I don't think that violates copyright? Well maybe a button to download Freddy's SCAR installer then automatically open it?

I believe you cannot transfer any forms of scar, exe, package, ect. I think a download button would be cool. =p Good idea. Do you have Skype?